Somaly Mam: The Holy Saint (and Sinner) of Sex Trafficking

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Somaly Mam: The Holy Saint (and Sinner) of Sex Trafficki

Post by Soi Dog » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:43 pm

I see Kristoff is falling back on the ol' "how was I supposed to know my source was lying when everyone else believed her story too?". Quite a backpedal he did there.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Somaly Mam: The Holy Saint (and Sinner) of Sex Trafficki

Post by phuketrichard » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:03 am

In what appear to be Somaly Mam’s first public comments on the fallout from her resignation from the Somaly Mam Foundation (SMF) late last month, posts to one of her Facebook pages say that she will sell her house to support girls formerly under her care after SMF cut funding to an NGO she founded in 1996.
In 2011, Ms. Mam earned $125,642 in her position as president of the organization.
:evil: :evil:
http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/soma ... urn false;
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

• Advertisement
Booking.com