Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by OrangeDragon »

A number of actions going on to clean up Sihanoukville... the prediction was that it would be big words and little action... but a lot going on. Rather than make an individual thread for each news story, I'm just going to put them all here as they come in.

Start if off with this one...
Sihanoukville night police crackdown on subversive groups of armed bandits. Yesterday 4 people were arrested.
Image
Image
Image
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sihanoukville - governor issued a policy enforcing a ban on sales and use of balloons containing nitrous oxide, also called laughing gas or sweet air which has been popularized by foreigners.
Image
Image
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by OrangeDragon »

Motorcycle theif was arrested by police this morning and sent to the Provincial Court, and at noon today.
Image
Image
wackyjacky
Expatriate
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by wackyjacky »

The good driving associated with this was short lived though. People are blowing through the lights again now.
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11330
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 2088
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by frank lee bent »

excellent stuff. the nitrous is finished at dolphin now. good they start with their own ranks!
Joker Poker
Expatriate
Posts: 1350
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 pm
Reputation: 126

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by Joker Poker »

Hopefully it'll be a long time before those little shits are smiling again.
taranis
Expatriate
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 pm
Reputation: 0
Great Britain

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by taranis »

404 Not Known
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
Sailorman
Expatriate
Posts: 2321
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by Sailorman »

N2O was one of the only nice things about the beach. (Police Chief must not get a kickback from it.) No hangover, no drunken sillyness, no barfing after over indulging. Why pick on that? From the pictures it looks like maybe 5% of the police department in Snooky may be doing something while the other 95% are still either setting on their butts/taking bribes or once in a while stopping a moto without a helmet, but letting idiots drive on the wrong side of the road, hog the center lane of traffic at 5k per hour, drive without lights(sorry forgot traffic cops don't come out at night or in the rain), drive down the white line (what's with that?) and stopping just about every driver with white skin while turning a blind eye to tons of Cambodians that offend right in front of them.

I wonder what lucky cop got the clone 1911. Kind of bright for my tastes, but better than the puny 9mm they now carry.
User avatar
Hotdigr
Expatriate
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm
Reputation: 180

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by Hotdigr »

Execute every motherfukn one of them!
User avatar
Hotdigr
Expatriate
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm
Reputation: 180

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by Hotdigr »

taranis wrote:Are the gas filled balloons dangerous to ones health?
Only if you have , balance,blood pressure or heart problems.Then no matter what anyone says, its fukn fatal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alex, angsta, Bing [Bot], cautious colin, Deefer, Element6, Google [Bot], IraHayes, lurcio, Mata Hari, paul2d, shigbee18, SternAAlbifrons, Whatsupdoc and 627 guests