Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:17 am
Reputation: 122

Re: Sam Rainsy will address the Cambodian people

Post by rogerrabbit »

adders28 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 pm
explorer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 pm
frizzie77 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:42 pm Any source?
Search the internet. It will be common knowledge soon.

He was prevented from boarding the plane in France.
he was live on FB at 7pm , looks like he given up coming back now
Thai airways denied him quoting orders from very high up Thailand
On the live video he said he will try and come different route. I would think most likely via Malaysia, Singapore or Indonesia.
adders28
Expatriate
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:37 pm
Reputation: 68

Re: Sam Rainsy will address the Cambodian people

Post by adders28 »

rogerrabbit wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:52 pm
adders28 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 pm
explorer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 pm
frizzie77 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:42 pm Any source?
Search the internet. It will be common knowledge soon.

He was prevented from boarding the plane in France.
he was live on FB at 7pm , looks like he given up coming back now
Thai airways denied him quoting orders from very high up Thailand
On the live video he said he will try and come different route. I would think most likely via Malaysia, Singapore or Indonesia.
thanks i did edit unlikely to try on 9th as planned before. Malaysia has just released the others so KL could be an option now
User avatar
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Posts: 1375
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Reputation: 667
Kiribati

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by Phnom Poon »

he knew thailand wasn't an option
why did he even try?

because he's all excuses and no determination
how does he even lead his own party, let alone a country?

.

monstra mihi bona!
User avatar
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 762

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Phnom Poon wrote:he knew thailand wasn't an option
why did he even try?

because he's all excuses and no determination
how does he even lead his own party, let alone a country?
Exactly. He could have come via Korea/Japan or anywhere else where his odds would have been better. All talk... Doesn't want to give up yachting near Marseilles and Saint Tropez I guess.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
User avatar
Clemen
Expatriate
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:04 pm
Reputation: 545
Cambodia

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by Clemen »

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news- ... cal-party/

So he knew they wouldn't let him in

"Whatcha doin hun?" " going to the airport" "you leaving?" "Hell no, gots to make this thing look legit, see you for dinner" " love u" " um, yeah"
Conscience can be a terrible thing. So I hear. Not if you're something like me, of course. I don't give a fuck. Iain M Banks
DaveG
Expatriate
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 am
Reputation: 1003
Cambodia

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by DaveG »

Airdrop HALO
frizzie77
Expatriate
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Reputation: 220
Cambodia

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by frizzie77 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 pm All talk...
Which he has been for years and years. Pathetic clown he is.
What I don't understand is that there are still Khmer (and not a few) supporting him on his Facebook page with words like "you are sooo courageous!"
WHAT? Charlatan Sam Rainsy is anything but courageous...
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8416
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4160
Armenia

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by John Bingham »

DaveG wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 pmAirdrop HALO

Silence, exile, and cunning.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Reputation: 220
Cambodia

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by frizzie77 »

A Thai Airways employee says exiled Cambodian opposition politician Sam Rainsy was not allowed to board a flight from Paris to Bangkok because his booking was not valid.

He said a booking in Sam Rainsy's name had been made for a new flight on Saturday.
(https://www.ksl.com/article/46669252/th ... d-in-paris)

This is consistent with something posted on TOF (mind you, yesterday already) that the flight was not for today, but changed to Saturday.

And this:
Sam Rainsy had posted a photo on his Facebook page of what he said was his ticket which showed he had a confirmed booking for the Thursday flight. The photo also showed his booking reference and ticket number, opening the possibility that it could be changed online by a third party.
adders28
Expatriate
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:37 pm
Reputation: 68

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by adders28 »

frizzie77 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:18 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 pm All talk...
Which he has been for years and years. Pathetic clown he is.
What I don't understand is that there are still Khmer (and not a few) supporting him on his Facebook page with words like "you are sooo courageous!"
WHAT? Charlatan Sam Rainsy is anything but courageous...
the same ones thanking the chinese for 'investing' in Sihanoukville no doubt
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post