Phnom Penh now 108th most expensive city for expats

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Phnom Penh now 108th most expensive city for expats

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 am

cptrelentless wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:26 pm
Doc67 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:23 pm
I'm in London now.
...And it's freezing cold. I'm coming home early...
.. today is the one of hottest day of the year, it's 22 C. So no, you are not freezing.
22C max is f'ing freezing for any genuinely hot blooded hot headed cambodian expat.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:04 pm

SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 am
cptrelentless wrote:
Doc67 wrote:
I'm in London now.
...And it's freezing cold. I'm coming home early...
.. today is the one of hottest day of the year, it's 22 C. So no, you are not freezing.
22C max is f'ing freezing for any genuinely hot blooded hot headed cambodian expat.
Correct. And when the wind blows it feels like 10.

Anyway, I know if I am freezing or not, it's a subjective opinion. It's personal. It's not up for objective pontification...
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:33 pm

cptrelentless wrote:
Doc67 wrote:
I'm in London now.

Everything is expensive. I paid $7 to park my car for two hours just to have lunch in a pub (with no car park, so street parking).

Lunch was $18 for a fancy burger and chips. Beer is $5+ a pint in the suburbs, $7 upwards in town. The only saving grace is it takes fucking ages to get served, and then it's by some surly bearded young twat that swills it around in the glass while pouring it to create froth, then over pours it all down the side of the glass to get rid of said froth, then dumps it on the bar in a pool of slops and barks "three eighty". If they were quicker it would bankrupt you...

And it's freezing cold. I'm coming home early...
It's just over three quid for a pint if you drink beer in the suburbs, or even in town in any Wetherspoon's. There's plenty of fancy places in London, but there's loads of cheap places. You just go to shit bars, of which there are many, too. Plus today is the one of hottest day of the year, it's 22 C. So no, you are not freezing.
I believe the average in central London is around £5.19 as of May 2019

There are not many places to get a beer in London for around the £3 mark, even Wetherspoons will average £3.50+ for a shitty fosters in the outskirts of zone 1 (£4+ EC-WC).

And let's face it. Nobody wants to drink at a 'spoons. A Sam Smiths on the other hand...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic