Out with the Range Rover, in with the Rolls-Royce....

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Out with the Range Rover, in with the Rolls-Royce....

Post by OrangeDragon »

http://jalopnik.com/one-of-poorest-coun ... 1588020171

The average per capita income in Cambodia is $1,000. A Rolls-Royce Phantom is 470 times as much. Would it be smart for Rolls-Royce to open a showroom in Cambodia? Yes — and there's a reason why they're doing so.

Rolls-Royce is opening its first dealership in Cambodia because despite it being one of the world's poorest countries — #147 in 187 countries contributing to the International Monetary Fund, #143 of 182 countries aided by the World Bank — there is a small sliver of wealth in the country, and those buyers want the best of the best.
:facepalm: :facepalm:
:facepalm: :facepalm:

I don't even have words for how clearly this points out what's fucked with this country, and how much they ignore that it's pointing that out....
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Out with the Range Rover, in with the Rolls-Royce....

Post by Soi Dog »

I have never understood how so many of the planet's richest people think and act, which probably explains part of the reason I will never be one of them. They seem like aliens to me. I recently saw a show about the mega-rich Indians in Mumbai, racing their formula one style cars around the streets in the poorest ghetto areas in the world...screaming at the beggar people to get out of the street.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I wonder how many they are forecasting to shift per year. I expect this news has caused a blood pressure surge in one poster. :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:I wonder how many they are forecasting to shift per year. I expect this news has caused a blood pressure surge in one poster. :D
Vlat are you Vlalking aVlout?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:Image
There's at least one of these prowling the streets of PP even as we speak - saw one cruising around the American Embassy the other day.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Face cultures are kinda amusing aren't they!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote:I wonder how many they are forecasting to shift per year. I expect this news has caused a blood pressure surge in one poster. :D
Vlat are you Vlalking aVlout?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Master Donut Baker
Tourist

Post by Master Donut Baker »

Can you commies please let people who have money spend it the way they see fit?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

They are free to spend their money as they wish, and I am free to criticize them for it, just as you are free to criticize me for criticizing them. See how that works?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic