Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adelaide

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Notorious Pedophile Mr X Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adelaide,

Post by hanno » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Another day, another nonce in Temple Town. Hope he rots in hell but, just with the last guy, I do not share the feeling expressed on the FB page of "betrayal", "feeling abused", "shocked because I knew him". Fuck it, I knew neither of them and whilst I do hope that they rot in hell, I am far from berating myself because I happen to live in the same town. Get a grip, guys......
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Notorious Pedophile Mr X Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adelaide,

Post by franzjaeger » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Yeah, born in 1966 and living in Siem Reap, odds might be strong that one is a serial killing pedophile, unless you are Chinese,Korean, Japanese, Russian or even African it seems.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:07 pm

Why is Siem Reap such a Pedo haven?
Sihanoukville seems to have largely cleaned them out.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Re the link about the River Queen.

I read about this so-called harassment in a lengthy SR FB thread. The female complainer left out a lot in her story, namely she was being a pest around the River Queen and was running a dodgy GH operation by geo-locating her home at the RQ location, which led her guests to arrive at the RQ and, when things were screwed up, the angry guests complained to the RQ, which had nothing to do with her ops. It happened so often the RQ complained and then she went ballistic online. She disappeared soon after.

Funny, but the RQ was put up for sale soon after, too.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:13 pm

frank lee bent wrote:Why is Siem Reap such a Pedo haven?
Sihanoukville seems to have largely cleaned them out.
The ones in SR have more money ?

Lots of orphanages in SR too.
The_Notorious_N.E.D.
Tourist
United States of America

Post by The_Notorious_N.E.D. » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Okay. I know next to nothing about this case and I don't have a particularly strong opinion regarding the guilt or innocence of this particular suspect. He may be guilty. I don't know.

What I do know is that what this woman is describing bears more than a passing similarity to the "Satanic Cult Ritual Abuse" scenarios that people swore that they had eye-witnessed personally in past waves of hysteria on the subject (principally in the 1980's) but had all turned out to be completely invented in the end. False memories.

I'm not saying that's what is happening here, but for your edification:

http://www.skeptictank.org/sra.htm

http://www.stopbadtherapy.com/myths/sra.shtml

... But then, she may be totally credible and accurate, I've no idea and thankfully I don't have to assess her claims and figure it out myself, but I certainly hope the proper authorities look into all of it and either broaden their investigation and hopefully begin making arrests or else get that woman some psychological help pronto.

NK

EDIT: The similarity, in my view, lies with the gruesomeness of the crime and the large number of co-conspirators and witnesses - 10 total, 7 of them adults? All of them either active participants in or complicit in covering up the rape and murder of three children? They were all okay with that? Even the woman? Did they have a regular habit of gathering together as a group whenever any one of them was raping and murdering a child or was this a special occasion or just happy circumstance? And nobody ever told anybody else about it over the decades? Nobody ever got caught for a different crime and then tried to use their knowledge of this case as leverage in their plea bargaining or anything like that? I guess that's all possible, but I wouldn't say it's probable.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Richard, formerly of the very modest and unposh 'River Queen' Guesthouse and guilty of nothing more than "having a past" and some unwise stuff on the internet, has quit town.

Whether the spleen vented by fearless anonymous-pseudonymous keyboard warriors was the last straw is anyone's guess; the gaff never seemed to be at all busy, despite
its handy location.

It will be interesting to hear the rest of the Tony Munro saga as it unfolds; a cold case with no corpses and only the yapping of women trying to remember / reconstruct events half-a-century ago as evidence .... we shall simply have to wait and see!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:26 pm

^

RQ Guy was a fucking creep with a conviction for sex offences involving young boys.

That's quite a past. Plus he openly wrote of his desires for underage Khmer boys.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Getting back on topic . . .

Here's a couple of vids of what happened 50 years ago.

BEAUMONT CHILDREN DISAPPEARANCE - A 50 YR COLD CASE MYSTERY ! - SPECIAL INVESTIGATION - PT 1 OF 2

BEAUMONT CHILDREN DISAPPEARANCE - A 50 YR COLD CASE MYSTERY ! - SPECIAL INVESTIGATION - PT 2 OF 2
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:18 pm

From today's Daily,

"The 71-year-old Australian man, . . . . . has also been under investigation in Siem Reap province for two years over claims that he sexually abused at least two boys there, according to Samleang Seila, country director of anti-pedophile NGO Action Pour Les Enfants (APLE).
. . . . Two Cambodian boys have accused the man of abusing them, he said, while other potential victims are still being interviewed."

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/siem ... se-115844/
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic