New driving license procedure for foreigners

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: New driving license procedure for foreigners

Post by StroppyChops »

that genius wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:47 pm I've never used my car licence here, it must be so frustrating driving a car here, even on a bike it's frustrating.
Dickheads are driving their SUVs on bikes here almost every week.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

I came a cross a media article stating that Cambodia has now joined the Geneva Convention on Traffic Laws. I can't find it again now or another reference. If true, it means that possession of a valid foreign licence and carrying an international licence (which are not really licences, just a translation), allows a visitor to be recognized as licensed for up to 3 months visit. Anyone else seen that?
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

that genius wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:47 pm I've never used my car licence here, it must be so frustrating driving a car here, even on a bike it's frustrating.
True.

The main paradigm shift for me was when riding my moto I was mostly fearful for my own safety. Getting smashed by the idiotic, errant freshy on his Dream or ground to a pulp under a ten-wheeled, deuce-and-a-half driven by some nose-picking, methed up, spittle-dribbling teenager.

Now, whilst car driving I'm mostly fearful of injuring others that are being idiotic and errant around me. I don't think I've hit 40 kph yet on the city roads.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Meh
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Apparently agents can now process foreigners Cambodian drivers licenses again.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 pm Apparently agents can now process foreigners Cambodian drivers licenses again.
I read it somewhere on FB also.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

cannabistourist wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 pm Apparently agents can now process foreigners Cambodian drivers licenses again.
I read it somewhere on FB also.
Meta's Visa & Tours
15 May at 10:33 · Phnom Penh, Cambodia ·
Good morning alls !!we now back doing DRIVING LISCENCE !!also good news is we now will be doing real estate too ! if you would like to sale.rent or lease your lands or house and want me to be your asistant pls come in our office or in,box me for private dicuse ! regard Meta Lai
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Not just her, several agents are reporting that they can now start renewing and processing new DL's again.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Heard the price has more than doubled. Someone posted one agent wanted $150. I cant get any answers about now if you renew, (not a new licence app) you need a certificate of residence. Never had one in 10 years, never needed to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic