Ministry holds boiler safety training course

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Anchor Moy
Posts: 9958
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 1616

Ministry holds boiler safety training course

Post by Anchor Moy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 am

A step in the right direction. Heavily fining or closing down factories that continue to operate with dangerous machines would be another.

December 12, 2017
Ministry holds boiler safety training course

Labour Minister Ith Samheng has asked his officials to pay close attention to boiler safety at garment factories in the wake of a string of deadly explosions.
Speaking yesterday at the launch of Fundamental Training on Boiler Safety, Mr Samheng said the three-day training course is aimed at preventing future accidents.
“This training is to educate our country to solve the issue of boiler explosions in factories,” he said. “We need to stop the accidents from happening again.” ... ng-course/
User avatar
Posts: 30278
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1398
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Ministry holds boiler safety training course

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Another boiler explosion in a Phnom Penh factory occurred on 14 January. Three injured. Time for some more safety training and rigorous boiler inspections.

Three injured by boiler explosion
15 January 2018
Three workers suffered minor injuries yesterday when a boiler exploded at a metal factory in Phnom Penh’s Meanchey district.
Meanchey district police chief Teng Sino said the explosion occurred at about 1.30pm in Chak Angre Loeu commune.

He added that the company was using the boiler for work cutting and welding pieces of metal. “Three people suffered minor injuries, including one woman,” he said. “They are now being treated at the hospital.”

He noted that his police officers were still working to identify all the victims.

“The reason for the explosion was because they were careless with their work,” he said.

According to local news, one of the three people injured was a Chinese national named Lay Chong, 70, the owner of the workshop.

In December, Labour Minister Ith Samheng asked officials to pay close attention to boiler safety at garment factories after a string of deadly explosions... ... explosion/
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alex, Anthony's Weiner, Bing [Bot], Cricket99, DingDong, General Mackevili, Google [Bot], Kammekor, Lost50, Mishmash, ofparadise, Old8404, Patcan, Spigzy and 664 guests