Man Gets a Beating After Robbery Attack on Woman

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Gets a Beating After Robbery Attack on Woman

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: In the Por Senchey district of Phnom Penh today, at 1:30 pm, March 6, 2020, some villagers roughly detained a man belonging to a group of thieves at the point of Choeung village, Sangkat Trapaing Krasang, Por Sen Chey district. The woman was attacked in front of a garment factory in Prey Pring 1 Village, Khan Por Senchey, by thieves on a motorbike, who stole her jewelry which was worth about US$1,200.
However, the victim screamed and local people came to her aid. They caught one of the gang, who got a punch in the face and two black eyes. The man was then handed over to the police, where he was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery.
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man Gets a Beating After Robbery Attack on Woman

Post by Cooldude » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:41 pm

I love these stories. The thief doesn't look destitute, yet still tries to rob this woman knowing full well what the consequences are if he gets caught. He's lucky he encountered such a friendly crowd and isn't taking a dirt nap right about now.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by John Bingham » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:48 pm

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:32 pm
They caught one of the gang, who got a punch in the face and two black eyes.
A punch in the face and a few dozen kicks in the head by concerned passersby. I can understand when local people on the scene want to bash a thief so they can apprehend them, but it's weird to see these videos where random people just roll up and throw a few more boots in or a brick or whatever. :?
programmer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by programmer » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 pm

Never walk around with jewelry in these poor places. I can't think of a better way to ask for trouble
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:59 am

programmer wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 pm
Never walk around with jewelry in these poor places. I can't think of a better way to ask for trouble
The more gold ,the more your boyfriend/husband loves you and that's important for every woman/girl around you to know
I'm standing up, so I must be straight
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:55 am

atst wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:59 am
programmer wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 pm
The more gold ,the more your boyfriend/husband loves you and that's important for every woman/girl around you to know
To know is one thing. To show off is another.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic