HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6246
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1287
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by Duncan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:27 am

that genius wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:09 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 am
Keqiang will be accompanied by businesspeople looking for investment opportunities in Sinville and Kampot.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/c ... cial-visit
FTFY

pivots away from its traditional pro-democracy Western partners in favour of Beijing’s no-strings-attached financial aid.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 2018
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 692
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by Arget » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:41 am

Same no strings attached aid to Sri Lanka. Now look at the asking in return for( aid) loans. They have taken over their major port on 99 year lease. Another stop on the pathway to the world.

Sri Lanka the latest victim of China’s debt-trap diplomacy
Beijing has been given a 99-year lease on Hambantota port as part of a debt-reduction deal, amid talk of creditor imperialism following China's buy-up of strategic ports in Piraeus, Darwin and Djibouti .

http://www.atimes.com/article/sri-lanka ... diplomacy/
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 25124
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 969
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:49 am

Analysis: Cambodia signing up for Chinese billions – at a price
12 January 2018
Arriving in Phnom Penh in the midst of a political crackdown on dissent, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang showed no qualms about signing 19 major development deals yesterday with Cambodian Prime Minister HE, making it clear that Chinese aid to the Kingdom remains unaffected by human rights concerns.

Indeed, as Cambodia’s relations with Western democracies deteriorated over the last year thanks to the Kingdom’s abrupt democratic backslide, HE has gloated that China would fill any funding void left behind – and so far it has, beefing up support for the upcoming national elections and for the Cambodian Mine Action Center after the US and others withdrew support.

But while that aid – and the deals signed on the sidelines of the China-backed Mekong-Lancang Cooperation (MLC) summit yesterday – may not come with any human rights strings attached, analysts and past experience alike suggest that the Chinese infusion of aid and investment does have a cost, one paid by marginalised communities and the environment even as government officials and Chinese businessmen line their pockets...
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/a ... ions-price
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 25124
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 969
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm

The construction of a new expressway between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville has been confirmed.

Key agreements signed with China on expressway, airport
12 January 2018
- Marking the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations, Cambodia and China signed yesterday multiple agreements, amounting to billions of dollars in concessional loans and reaching consensus on the financing of much-awaited projects like the expressway to Sihanoukville and the new airport in Phnom Penh.

The agreements were signed on the occasion of Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang state visit to the kingdom to participate in the Lancang-Mekong Cooperation summit.

Seven memorandums of understanding (MoUs) were signed, while 10 agreements were inked, including concessional loans for projects related to infrastructure, vocational training, agriculture, electricity and healthcare.

Most agreements were made between the Cambodian and the Chinese governments, while some were signed between the Cambodian government and the private sector...
One of those agreements clarified the terms under which a new expressway connecting the capital to Sihanoukville will be built.

The 190-kilometre highway will come at a cost of nearly $2 billion, and will have four lanes for the majority of its run.

Sun Chanthol, Minister of Public Works and Transport, announced last month that negotiations surrounding the expressway project had concluded, with the official signing of an agreement that will make the China Communications Construction Company the official contractor expected later this month...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50101599/ke ... y-airport/
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
chorlton
Expatriate
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 pm
Reputation: 58
Location: Location Location
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by chorlton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm

"The 190-kilometre highway will come at a cost of nearly $2 billion, and will have four lanes for the majority of its run."

without a central dividing barrier those four lanes will end up being four buses wide all heading the same way :roll:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
username
Expatriate
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 am
Reputation: 71
Cambodia

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by username » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 pm

chorlton wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm
"The 190-kilometre highway will come at a cost of nearly $2 billion, and will have four lanes for the majority of its run."

without a central dividing barrier those four lanes will end up being four buses wide all heading the same way :roll:
As a motorcycle rider, I feel a lot safer riding on roads without a central divider. They all have openings every few hundred meters, and you never see when some moped rider is popping out of them without looking. On roads without a divider, at least you have a good view to plan far ahead.
User avatar
chorlton
Expatriate
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 pm
Reputation: 58
Location: Location Location
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by chorlton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 pm

username wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 pm
chorlton wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm
"The 190-kilometre highway will come at a cost of nearly $2 billion, and will have four lanes for the majority of its run."

without a central dividing barrier those four lanes will end up being four buses wide all heading the same way :roll:
As a motorcycle rider, I feel a lot safer riding on roads without a central divider. They all have openings every few hundred meters, and you never see when some moped rider is popping out of them without looking. On roads without a divider, at least you have a good view to plan far ahead.
this is true

highway 6 through SR is chaos with the separate car & bike lanes for the very reason you said along with driving wrong way & cars needing to use the bike lanes for access to homes :facepalm:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6246
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1287
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by Duncan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 pm

chorlton wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm
"The 190-kilometre highway will come at a cost of nearly $2 billion, and will have four lanes for the majority of its run."

without a central dividing barrier those four lanes will end up being four buses wide all heading the same way :roll:

Two sets of two lanes, makes four lanes . They may just build another two lanes beside the existing ones with a space in-between the two.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
chorlton
Expatriate
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 pm
Reputation: 58
Location: Location Location
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by chorlton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Duncan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 pm
chorlton wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm
"The 190-kilometre highway will come at a cost of nearly $2 billion, and will have four lanes for the majority of its run."

without a central dividing barrier those four lanes will end up being four buses wide all heading the same way :roll:

Two sets of two lanes, makes four lanes . They may just build another two lanes beside the existing ones with a space in-between the two.
2x2=4, gotcha :beer3:

whatever they do I just hope its safer to use :hattip:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
username
Expatriate
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 am
Reputation: 71
Cambodia

Re: HE Loves His People Like Children, Goes to Beijing tomorrow for Business

Post by username » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 pm

chorlton wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 pm
username wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 pm
chorlton wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm
"The 190-kilometre highway will come at a cost of nearly $2 billion, and will have four lanes for the majority of its run."

without a central dividing barrier those four lanes will end up being four buses wide all heading the same way :roll:
As a motorcycle rider, I feel a lot safer riding on roads without a central divider. They all have openings every few hundred meters, and you never see when some moped rider is popping out of them without looking. On roads without a divider, at least you have a good view to plan far ahead.
this is true

highway 6 through SR is chaos with the separate car & bike lanes for the very reason you said along with driving wrong way & cars needing to use the bike lanes for access to homes :facepalm:
I haven't been on that road for years. Are big bikes required to use the bike lane as well?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arget, Bing [Bot], CEOCambodiaNews, Clemen, fsdfdsdf, Google Adsense [Bot], Ingvar 7788, IraHayes, Jack mehoff, JUDGEDREDD, k*rm*geddon, Majestic-12 [Bot], Ravensnest, soeurm, willyhilly and 499 guests