Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 9361
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 1279
Tokelau

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by Anchor Moy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:13 am

Well, I think it was a generous gesture, and also a way to leave the scene gracefully, w/out worrying about cops or mobs.
And who knows, maybe the "kind foreigner" was also drunk which explains why he left such a large tip (and didn't want to stick around )?
Anyway, good for him. His money, his call. No harm done.

Don't see why people are outraged; it's not like it's going to catch on, and it's not going to encourage drunk drivers, but maybe it helped the drunk guy's family. After all, they would probably be the ones who would have to pay for his stupidity. Now, they can beat him up once he gets out of hospital. Fair enough.
flying chicken
Expatriate
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:51 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by flying chicken » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:20 am

Thanks for the Tuesday going to be Wednesday midnight sermon,
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 679
New Zealand

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:01 am

kiwiincambodia wrote:I understand what you are saying but I have no sympathy for anyone who drives drunk.

He decided to drive drunk and not only put his life but innocent people's lives in danger. I'm glad the idiot only hurt himself and no one else. If it was me I would have left him on the side of the road to fend for himself and if he dies from it the only blame can fall on him as he decided to drive drunk in the first place.

And before anyone starts, this would be my reaction anywhere in the world.

He chose to drive drunk so he should face the consequences, in any western country he would be dragged off to court as soon as he was out of the hospital to face even more penalties.
I'm with you on this one bro...I have no time for drunk drivers, I have had friends killed/seriously injured (myself included) by drunk drivers. It's one thing to put yourself at risk, but to put others at risk is inexcusable.
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 679
New Zealand

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:10 am

flying chicken wrote:Maori cunt...
I realise you're probably drunk as a skunk and you've got a sense of humour that only you understand, that may or may not have been intended as a racist comment, however I suggest you watch what you say in the future. I don't condone violence and I usually avoid physical conflict whenever possible, but if you said that within earshot of me then I would definitely make an exception .
BOFH
Expatriate
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:27 am
Reputation: 1

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by BOFH » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:02 am

Samouth wrote:However i wasn't really drunk that i couldn't drive my motorbike.
Nobody is so drunk until they crash and kill someone.

You should really consider taking a motodop the next time you're out drinking.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Posts: 2647
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:46 pm
Reputation: 11
Cambodia

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by prahkeitouj » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:04 am

Anchor Moy wrote:Well, I think it was a generous gesture, and also a way to leave the scene gracefully, w/out worrying about cops or mobs.
And who knows, maybe the "kind foreigner" was also drunk which explains why he left such a large tip (and didn't want to stick around )?
Anyway, good for him. His money, his call. No harm done.

Don't see why people are outraged; it's not like it's going to catch on, and it's not going to encourage drunk drivers, but maybe it helped the drunk guy's family. After all, they would probably be the ones who would have to pay for his stupidity. Now, they can beat him up once he gets out of hospital. Fair enough.
Who knows if he is kind or he was drunk and confused 100$ note with 10 $ note?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Posts: 2647
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:46 pm
Reputation: 11
Cambodia

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by prahkeitouj » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:09 am

Samouth wrote:I hope the table will never turn on me as i have been drunk driving a few times. However i wasn't really drunk that i couldn't drive my motorbike. :facepalm: Ok i will convince myself to believe that you guys have never been drunk driving. Only Cambodian does it. :ROFL:
Be careful then.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
flying chicken
Expatriate
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:51 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by flying chicken » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:06 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
flying chicken wrote:Maori cunt...
I realise you're probably drunk as a skunk and you've got a sense of humour that only you understand, that may or may not have been intended as a racist comment, however I suggest you watch what you say in the future. I don't condone violence and I usually avoid physical conflict whenever possible, but if you said that within earshot of me then I would definitely make an exception .
Sorry man, that was stupid of me. Growing up with the natives I am sure my mates back home dont appreciate that idiotic joke too. Peace.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by vladimir » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:09 pm

flying chicken wrote:Sorry man, that was stupid of me. Growing up with the natives I am sure my mates back home dont appreciate that idiotic joke too. Peace.
You're just chicken.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AE86
Expatriate
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 am
Reputation: 80
Japan

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by AE86 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Samouth wrote:Ok i will convince myself to believe that you guys have never been drunk driving. Only Cambodian does it. :ROFL:
I can't speak for everyone, but I've never driven when I've had any amount of alcohol at all at any point during the day/night, even where driving with some alcohol consumption is legal in America. Actually, I've only gotten drunk once outside my home and that was just after my 20th birthday when I became of legal age. Took a taxi home and went back the next day to get my bike.
Reckless driving cucumber - 成
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: angkorjohn2, CEOCambodiaNews, Chouka, CommandoRed, Jerry Atrick, lurcio, Majestic-12 [Bot], Spigzy and 455 guests