Immigration Police In Sihanoukville Arrested a Turkish Man, Mehmet Yilmaz, For Overstaying Cambodian Visa

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Immigration Police In Sihanoukville Arrested a Turkish Man, Mehmet Yilmaz, For Overstaying Cambodian Visa

Postby CEOCambodiaNews » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Immigration Police In Sihanoukville Arrested a Turkish Man, Yilmaz Mehmet, For Overstaying

Sihanoukville: Immigration police in Preah Sihanouk province arrested a Turkish man, Mehmet Yilmaz, 34 years old, for overstaying in Cambodia. He was found with a visa that was expired since 08 December 2016. He was arrested at his rented house located in group 1, village 4, Sihanoukville after the police's search.

Cambodia Expats Online News: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else.

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Re: Immigration Police In Sihanoukville Arrested a Turkish Man, Mehmet Yilmaz, For Overstaying

Postby boozyoldman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:03 am

So is there a story here that does not meet the eye?

Ecstasy lab?

Weed plantation?
Cam Nivag
Expatriate
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Immigration Police In Sihanoukville Arrested a Turkish Man, Mehmet Yilmaz, For Overstaying

Postby Cam Nivag » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 am

boozyoldman wrote:So is there a story here that does not meet the eye?

Ecstasy lab?

Weed plantation?
Yes, no one is ever arrested simply because they overstayed by a month.
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 am

Is being from Turkey not enough?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Immigration Police In Sihanoukville Arrested a Turkish Man, Mehmet Yilmaz, For Overstaying Cambodian Visa

Postby Fourkinnel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 pm

One month, I've forgot about renewing lots of things, Insurance, Car MOT longer than that! Don't they give you any grace period to go down and pay the renew fee+ fine/donation?
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Immigration Police In Sihanoukville Arrested a Turkish Man, Mehmet Yilmaz, For Overstaying Cambodian Visa

Postby Raybull » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Fourkinnel wrote:One month, I've forgot about renewing lots of things, Insurance, Car MOT longer than that! Don't they give you any grace period to go down and pay the renew fee+ fine/donation?
Supposedly, the informal grace period for overstay is one month. Not that hard for them to find most foreigners in Sihanoukville nowadays.
Mad-Milk
Tourist

Postby Mad-Milk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Is there a link to a Khmer article? Could use that one to convince to my husband that my Visa renewal should be a higher priority in our monthly expense plan :D
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Postby Fourkinnel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:33 pm

If it's one month , kinda reminds me of UK traffic warden standing by the meter ready to slap a fine on you when clock go's past one minute. Nothing better for the police to do?
Raybull
Expatriate

Postby Raybull » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:34 pm

General Mackevili wrote:Is being from Turkey not enough?
The Turks are fleeing in record numbers (can't blame them really, their country is going to shit and the tourism sector is dying). There's a lot if them on the coast and the islands this year, and they keep coming.
Out of the two dozen or so I've met here, there's only one that I would ever trust, known him for years though!
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Postby obelisks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Raybull wrote:
Fourkinnel wrote:One month, I've forgot about renewing lots of things, Insurance, Car MOT longer than that! Don't they give you any grace period to go down and pay the renew fee+ fine/donation?
Supposedly, the informal grace period for overstay is one month. Not that hard for them to find most foreigners in Sihanoukville nowadays.

they are being more efficient than the Thai immigration Department :shock:

• Advertisement
Booking.com