Immigration Police going door to door in Sihanoukville

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Immigration Police going door to door in Sihanoukville

Post by kiwiincambodia » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:42 pm

There is 2 things going on at the same time here.

As a foreigner you should be registered in you local sangkat, this should be done by your landlord when you rent a house.

It seems like the ministry is going to use these records to find long tern residents that don't have work permits.

Since day 1 I've been covered so I'm not worried. But this is serious and they are cracking down on it. Be warned. This is not going to just go away like in the past... IMHO.
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at https://tiny.cc/j410iy
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:58 pm

The tip of the iceberg chaps.

Once they've got you all registered and legal, then just wait for the taxman to come a'callin' to collect the tax you haven't paid.

Party's over!

If you're overly concerned, then perhaps it's time for you to relocate to Laos or Burma for a while. :shock:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:10 pm

ali baba wrote:I often see police doing their jobs.
It's not something to write home about.
Uuhhh...

Tell me when you see traffic police doing their jobs. That's unusual.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic