Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 2836
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 923

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by newkidontheblock »

SternAAlbifrons wrote:I'm not dead either
but i might be if put my real name and photo up
:shock:
You will be just fine. Unless you’re Pieman. But the CIA already knows where he is.

It’s Cambodia. The Khmer see you as a foreigner - amongst a sea of foreigners - completely forgettable. The other foreigners are too busy getting along with their own lives as well. Just like no one recognizes the eternal traveler to the KOW.

But the foreigner web is pretty complex. I was surprised there were a couple degrees of separation between me and a few that appeared on CEO news.

Getting back on topic. Why is his midsection pasty white? Has he been wearing a sarong all this time?
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:19 am
Reputation: 165
Australia

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by Isaanbarang »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:19 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote:I'm not dead either
but i might be if put my real name and photo up
:shock:
You will be just fine. Unless you’re Pieman. But the CIA already knows where he is.

It’s Cambodia. The Khmer see you as a foreigner - amongst a sea of foreigners - completely forgettable. The other foreigners are too busy getting along with their own lives as well. Just like no one recognizes the eternal traveler to the KOW.

But the foreigner web is pretty complex. I was surprised there were a couple degrees of separation between me and a few that appeared on CEO news.

Getting back on topic. Why is his midsection pasty white? Has he been wearing a sarong all this time?
Most Khmers think the"eternal traveler" is a deported Cambodian American I am sure.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 5290
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1536
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by hanno »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:19 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote:I'm not dead either
but i might be if put my real name and photo up
:shock:
You will be just fine. Unless you’re Pieman. But the CIA already knows where he is.

It’s Cambodia. The Khmer see you as a foreigner - amongst a sea of foreigners - completely forgettable. The other foreigners are too busy getting along with their own lives as well. Just like no one recognizes the eternal traveler to the KOW.

But the foreigner web is pretty complex. I was surprised there were a couple degrees of separation between me and a few that appeared on CEO news.

Getting back on topic. Why is his midsection pasty white? Has he been wearing a sarong all this time?
Image
User avatar
sigmoid
Expatriate
Posts: 923
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:53 pm
Reputation: 261
Vietnam

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by sigmoid »

Image

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 4454
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2626
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

King Keil wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:46 am It's quite simple..you behave.
If you behave... Nothing will happen to you
Lol
I never picked you for a rectitudalist KingK.
sticking broomsticks up peoples bums, all the way, so they stand up straight and become good upright citizens.

"Just behave yourself!"
LOL

Soorry K, 'never liked a broomstick up my bum.
But, if you get a big tent and move around the country preaching this stuff, i am sure you will get heaps of straight backed, pinch-faced rectitudalists to join you in singing hymns to the glory of Just Behaving Myself.

:stir: :mrgreen:
King Keil
Expatriate
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:47 pm
Reputation: 237
Armenia

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by King Keil »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:26 pm
King Keil wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:46 am It's quite simple..you behave.
If you behave... Nothing will happen to you
Lol
I never picked you for a rectitudalist KingK.
sticking broomsticks up peoples bums, all the way, so they stand up straight and become good upright citizens.

"Just behave yourself!"
LOL

Soorry K, 'never liked a broomstick up my bum.
But, if you get a big tent and move around the country preaching this stuff, i am sure you will get heaps of straight backed, pinch-faced rectitudalists to join you in singing hymns to the glory of Just Behaving Myself.

:stir: :mrgreen:
I think you know what I mean. You smile and sleep in your room and then you can smoke all the ganja that you like and enjoy the freedom this land has to offer. No problems
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 11561
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2670
Tokelau

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by Anchor Moy »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:26 pm
King Keil wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:46 am It's quite simple..you behave.
If you behave... Nothing will happen to you
Lol
I never picked you for a rectitudalist KingK.
sticking broomsticks up peoples bums, all the way, so they stand up straight and become good upright citizens.

"Just behave yourself!"
LOL

Soorry K, 'never liked a broomstick up my bum.
But, if you get a big tent and move around the country preaching this stuff, i am sure you will get heaps of straight backed, pinch-faced rectitudalists to join you in singing hymns to the glory of Just Behaving Myself.

:stir: :mrgreen:
I think what KK meant was that if you don't cause trouble in Cambodia, you don't get in trouble. You will not be picked up for marijuana etc unless you cause problems. You are quite free to do what you like, as long as you are not a nuisance to others.
Be respectful when you are in another country and don't make them have to sort you out.
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 4454
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2626
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

:roll:

yeah ok :angel:

:good: 'promise
BR549
Expatriate
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:44 pm
Reputation: 189
United States of America

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by BR549 »

I think it is imperative you make it back to your lodgings where your passport is stashed and not be found with a full dime bag of weed in your pocket.
You really don't give the authorities much choice.
It is a shame somebody was not there to put him in a tuk tuk and get him home.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 798
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by pczz »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:26 pm
King Keil wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:46 am It's quite simple..you behave.
If you behave... Nothing will happen to you
Lol
I never picked you for a rectitudalist KingK.
sticking broomsticks up peoples bums, all the way, so they stand up straight and become good upright citizens.

"Just behave yourself!"
LOL

Soorry K, 'never liked a broomstick up my bum.
But, if you get a big tent and move around the country preaching this stuff, i am sure you will get heaps of straight backed, pinch-faced rectitudalists to join you in singing hymns to the glory of Just Behaving Myself.

:stir: :mrgreen:
Well, its your right to disobey the laws in your own country where yoiu are a citixen and have a vote. it is your duty when in another country to respect their vote and their laws. i love the westerners who think they have the right to go anywhere in the world, totally disregard all the laws on drugs, drink diving, prostitution and then go home and complain about the damn foereigners in theire country breaking their countries rules. It seems to m there needs to be research inwhy pot causes outbreaks of extreme hypocrisy amongst its devotees and worhsippers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anty, barang_TK, Bing [Bot], bussterr, Ingvar 7788, johnny lightning, LoukBongThom, Penhcake, phil, SEAdude, Soriya, STEVITO, Stiliko, Woody and 679 guests