Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
iluvu
Expatriate
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 am
Reputation: 31
Cambodia

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by iluvu » Fri May 19, 2017 4:10 pm

I would never trust a communal room. Someone would steal my shit cause that's what I would do. You leave your shit unattended I'm going through it lol.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13742
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1938
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Fri May 19, 2017 4:23 pm

hanno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm
ricefarmersdaughter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:25 pm
hanno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:49 am
ricefarmersdaughter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:52 am
hostels generally have more perks than hotels like communal areas,kitchens and pool tables.
Oh yes, a communal area full of soap-dodgers and wannabe hipsters!! Just what I want on a holiday. That, and cooking for myself......
i just stay coz its cheap.
soith east asia is not the place to burn money left right and centre if you live here long term like me.
I need to ask: how long is long term?
and if you live here long term its cheaper to stay in a cheap apartment than in a fucking hostel :facepalm:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1015
Australia

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by StroppyChops » Fri May 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Username Taken wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 am
You know, in Yorkshire some people are fortunate enough to have a hole in the road to sleep in, rather than on the road.
Luxury.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 600

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by Kuroneko » Fri May 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:23 pm
hanno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm
ricefarmersdaughter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:25 pm
hanno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:49 am
ricefarmersdaughter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:52 am
hostels generally have more perks than hotels like communal areas,kitchens and pool tables.
Oh yes, a communal area full of soap-dodgers and wannabe hipsters!! Just what I want on a holiday. That, and cooking for myself......
i just stay coz its cheap.
soith east asia is not the place to burn money left right and centre if you live here long term like me.
I need to ask: how long is long term?
and if you live here long term its cheaper to stay in a cheap apartment than in a fucking hostel :facepalm:
But don't forget by "long term" he means staying two weeks rather than one! :D
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4657
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1069
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by hanno » Fri May 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Kuroneko wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:34 pm
But don't forget by "long term" he means staying two weeks rather than one! :D
That is what I figured by all the clueless comments.
User avatar
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 8:35 am
Reputation: 23
Thailand

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by ricefarmersdaughter » Fri May 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Kuroneko wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:34 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:23 pm
hanno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm
ricefarmersdaughter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:25 pm
hanno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:49 am


Oh yes, a communal area full of soap-dodgers and wannabe hipsters!! Just what I want on a holiday. That, and cooking for myself......
i just stay coz its cheap.
soith east asia is not the place to burn money left right and centre if you live here long term like me.
I need to ask: how long is long term?
and if you live here long term its cheaper to stay in a cheap apartment than in a fucking hostel :facepalm:
But don't forget by "long term" he means staying two weeks rather than one! :D
I would say Dorms are ok for cheap travel and also for living in.

think about it.
no deposit.
towels/sheets cleaned.
free soap.
no electric ,water bills.
free aircon.
free fast wifi.
free coffee and hot water.
free hammock.
pool tables.
always in proximity of shops and night life.
free kitchen and gas.
free maid.
Can move out when i want.
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:41 pm
Reputation: 20
San Marino

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by LionsLeftTesticle » Fri May 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Dorms are fine for young people traveling alone.

Drinking buddies and sex on tap.

Not sure this thread pic counts for anything without context unless people just like to moan.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 9550
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 1386
Tokelau

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by Anchor Moy » Fri May 19, 2017 6:03 pm

ricefarmersdaughter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 5:44 pm
Kuroneko wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:34 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:23 pm
hanno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm
ricefarmersdaughter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:25 pm

i just stay coz its cheap.
soith east asia is not the place to burn money left right and centre if you live here long term like me.
I need to ask: how long is long term?
and if you live here long term its cheaper to stay in a cheap apartment than in a fucking hostel :facepalm:
But don't forget by "long term" he means staying two weeks rather than one! :D
I would say Dorms are ok for cheap travel and also for living in.

think about it.
no deposit.
towels/sheets cleaned.
free soap.
no electric ,water bills.
free aircon.
free fast wifi.
free coffee and hot water.
free hammock.
pool tables.
always in proximity of shops and night life.
free kitchen and gas.
free maid.
Can move out when i want.
You forgot the free toilet. The one toilet for twenty backpackers that is occupied 24/24. :rave:
iluvu
Expatriate
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 am
Reputation: 31
Cambodia

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by iluvu » Fri May 19, 2017 6:06 pm

LionsLeftTesticle wrote:Dorms are fine for young people traveling alone.

Drinking buddies and sex on tap.

Not sure this thread pic counts for anything without context unless people just like to moan.
That sounds like everyone except me and taabarang lol.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 9550
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 1386
Tokelau

Re: Foreigner sleeping on road at Banlung intersection

Post by Anchor Moy » Fri May 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Back to the OP, my question is "Why is this guy lying/sleeping in the middle of the road (and not on the footpath)" ?
(They also have footpaths in Banlung.)

Did he get kicked out of somewhere on to the street because he was wasted, and then go to sleep where he landed ? Did he have a heart attack while crossing the road ? Is he homeless or just hopeless ? Is he still there ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andy1, AndyKK, angkorjohn2, bittermelon, Deefer, Google [Bot], Isaanbarang, Spigzy, steelyRon, STEVITO and 639 guests