Crunch. A Train Runs into a PassApp Tuk Tuk in Phnom Penh

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Crunch. A Train Runs into a PassApp Tuk Tuk in Phnom Penh

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:03 pm Image
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On November 17, 2019, at 6 am, a train crashed into a PassApp tuk-tuk, causing some damage on the track in Sangkat Beung Kok2, Khan Toul Kok, Phnom Penh. However, no injuries were reported, except for the tuktuk itself.
Finally some good news on the Cambodian Transport front...

I am very surprised and relived that the gas bottle didn't fracture and explode after an impact like that. I have always worried about getting rear-ended in one of those things and then getting BBQ'd shortly afterwards.

I now only have to worry about a moto coming in through the side, getting T-Boned by a drunk fuckwit in a 3 ton car, or having a head-on and having my legs broken and lacerated by all that lovely bare metal and bolts.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

explorer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:10 am There are some people who create chaos on the roads.

There are some people who handle the chaos on the roads well.
And thus spake the master: “There is balance in the universe.”
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:51 am
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On November 17, 2019, at 6 am, a train crashed into a PassApp tuk-tuk, causing some damage on the track in Sangkat Beung Kok2, Khan Toul Kok, Phnom Penh. However, no injuries were reported, except for the tuktuk itself.

I am very surprised and relived that the gas bottle didn't fracture and explode after an impact like that. I have always worried about getting rear-ended in one of those things and then getting BBQ'd shortly afterwards.

I now only have to worry about a moto coming in through the side, getting T-Boned by a drunk fuckwit in a 3 ton car, or having a head-on and having my legs broken and lacerated by all that lovely bare metal and bolts.
Don't get too excited, the tank was probably close to empty anyway. :stir:
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:51 am

Don't get too excited, the tank was probably close to empty anyway. :stir:
An empty tank is more explosive usually =@ =@
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic