Child Sex Tourism Remains a Problem in Cambodia

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Child Sex Tourism Remains a Problem in Cambodia

Post by Anthony's Weiner » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:09 am

fsdfdsdf wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 am
Im pretty sure if a westerner is abusing a kid its because someone is pimping the kid out, and not just to the westerners. until they start arresting the pimps, which is very likely to be a family member, nothing will change. someone said its a hard life picking up rubbish, theres usually a family sitting in a slum somewhere playing cards waiting for the rubbish collector to bring home the money else get a beating. collecting rubbish might not be the best job but its better then a beating.
Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff, if I remember correctly it was an Englishman and an Ozz.

There is no doubt that the sexual abuse of children and women is largely perpetrated by Khmer men in KOW. In Thailand, far more Thai's do the same than farang. I don t for a moment think that westerner's introduced prostitution or child sexual abuse to Asia. Scumbag sex tourists make all western men tarred with the same brush. With the internet, video calling etc. the opportunity to abuse children from the comfort of your own home in the western world is now a reality, these POS no longer need to trek 1/2 way around the world to ge their sick jollies. The kiddie fiddler that gets caught bringing a 12-year-old boy back to his hotel room will be able to sit in his mother's basement instead, likely with impunity.
I am unsure what you feel the solution is, allow children to be abused unless the guardian is arrested or arrest the buyer at the first opportunity? I would vote for whatever puts an end to the abuse the quickest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic