Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Yemen

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by John Bingham » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:50 pm

David Fletcher and his partner Shane were into setting up brothels here from the word go. The pair of them arrived here in about 2006-7, I think from Pattaya going by the stupid way they talked to locals. They had this sort of pitch that resembled a family album crossed with a mood board (pictures of cocktails and Humphrey Bogart and Art Deco interiors, airbrushed tropical landscapes, airbrushed hookers etc) and a lot of text about their "mission".
It was going to be really sophisticated, you would be picked up at the airport in a fancy car (maybe they meant the clapped-out Range Rover Classic they had?) by the hostess who would take care of your every need, in the most amazing 5-star environment imaginable. The bar/ guesthouse? they set up was actually well-kitted out, but it was in a tiny 2 story shophouse. The owner David was a right cunt though, I only went in a few times and he was always making sleazy comments. Did I mention that he used to wear eye-shadow and a school-tie tied around his forehead? His mate Shane didn't seem too bad but they backed each other up when they thought they were tough guys and tossed a few people out of their bar. They never threw me out, they just ripped me off for services rendered and I never returned. I didn't really bother with them after that, I'm not vindictive. Unfortunately for them some other disgruntled creditors were.
Slashing the tuk-tuk driver's seat was a dick move too. And that was before it really went downhill. 8-)
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by frizzie77 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:34 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:50 pm
Unfortunately for them some other disgruntled creditors were.
I'd say it was not 'unfortunate' but 'well deserved'.
To be honest, I was quite surprised reading Shane was apparently still 'in business', managing this Bunny Bar.
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:06 am

Did they just forget to pay their monthly "protection fees" to the local cops or something?
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:24 am

Any update on what happened to John and Shane?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic