Ukranian TYMUR DMYTRIYENKO From Bouchon Wine Bar Robbed & Killed in Motorbike Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ukranian TYMUR DMYTRIYENKO From Bouchon Wine Bar Robbed & Killed in Motorbike Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh Cambodian News: It has been reported that a 35 year old Ukrainian man, TYMUR DMYTRIYENKO, who worked at Bouchon Wine Bar, died in a motorbike accident on January 01, 2019, on street 240, Sangkat Chaktomok, Khan Don Penh, Phnom Penh.

The security guard reported to police that that a foreign man died in an accident on the street by house no. 92. The police went to the scene and checked the security cameras to search for the accident.

According to the security camera, the victim was riding the motorbike on street 240 in the direction from west to east until the accident scene. There, the victim’s motorbike is shown to have fallen down and the victim landed on his head causing him to die immediately, despite the fact that he was wearing a helmet.
However, soon after the accident, the victim’ motorbike and his belonging were stolen, with only a helmet left with body.

ImageImage

After the examination, the police determined that victim died from the motorbike accident. The body was sent to keep at Khmer Soviet Friendship Hospital waiting to hand it over to the family . RIP and condolences to his family and friends.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Re: Ukranian TYMUR DMYTRIYENKO From Bouchon Wine Bar Robbed & Killed in Motorbike Accident

Post by PhnomRon »

I guess single vehicle accidents do happen when guys are driving home at 5:30 a.m. on January 1, but I read elsewhere that the video showed he was hit by another bike(?) and there was some question as to whether it was intentional, to set up the robbery.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Ukranian TYMUR DMYTRIYENKO From Bouchon Wine Bar Robbed & Killed in Motorbike Accident

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i wonder what helmet he was wearing
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Very sad, he was a gentleman. R.I.P. Tymur, keep the IPA cold for when we next meet in heaven.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

RIP. Deaths that happen on holidays are extra sad, as it ruins the holiday for friends and family for years to come.

Fax, was he a bartender there?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:46 pm RIP. Deaths that happen on holidays are extra sad, as it ruins the holiday for friends and family for years to come.

Fax, was he a bartender there?
Front of house manager as far as I am aware, he came across to me a few times to check if my food etc. was ok. He had only been there a few weeks, and seemed a nice guy. Very sad, condolences to family.
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

condolences to all friends and family.

can helmets for bikes still be anything loosely called a helmet?

i remember being told that was the case in dec 2015.. kampot cider guy was often spotted wearing a bright yellow builders hard hat on his deliveries and i saw another guy wearing what looked like an american football helmet. boths seen in snooky.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Johnsell50 »

I got into a big discussion with my best friend in Thailand because I was pro wearing good motorcycle helmets and he was against. He asked me if I had a new bike and he wanted to ride it without a helmet would I let him. I told him he would be welcome to use it any time as long as he wore a helmet. The very next day a cow crossed the rural dirt road in front of him. He was doing less than 30 MPH and he died of a brain concussion when his head hit a big rock on the side of the road. His adult son came close to dying for the same reason riding behind him. Even though he proved me right I still miss him.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

PhnomRon wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:22 pm I read elsewhere that the video showed he was hit by another bike(?) and there was some question as to whether it was intentional, to set up the robbery.
If this was intentional to set up the robbery, the people doing this are very sick.

If it was a genuine accident and they robbed a man while he was dying, the people doing this are very sick.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

explorer wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:16 am
PhnomRon wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:22 pm I read elsewhere that the video showed he was hit by another bike(?) and there was some question as to whether it was intentional, to set up the robbery.
If this was intentional to set up the robbery, the people doing this are very sick.

If it was a genuine accident and they robbed a man while he was dying, the people doing this are very sick.
Sadly, the people that do this have no scruples. A friend of mine was pulled off her moto while riding and her moto stolen by thieves. They couldn't give a shit what happened to her...luckily she got away with bruises.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic