Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall bar ?

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11450
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2844
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by phuketrichard » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 am

I keep trying to get it back on track, but its quite obvious the two of you want to make it a thread of CEO VS K440

have fun with it.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:25 am
Reputation: 36

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Satiated Parrot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:01 am

Now you're all being cocks.
badneighour
Expatriate
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:47 pm
Reputation: 0
Falkland Islands

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by badneighour » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:27 am

bendix wrote:Do you think it is appropriate for you to offer the owner of another forum the chance to change the words of an anonymous poster, Gen M? It's not. Because the minute that happened you would explain it and everyone would jump on the 'now scobienz is censoring criticism on CEO also' bandwagon.

It's not up to me to moderate your forum. That's your responsibility.

You're right. When I saw badneighbour's post I was mildly irritated but WTF. You have plenty of members attacking us all the time. OD's snide aspersion takes it to another level, sadly.

On the plus side, as this thread continues it's becoming patently clear that CEO is now the place that people can come and discuss paedophilia and make allegations with impunity, while it's carefully managed with guidelines in place on 440. So, yeah, let's keep the thread going, let's get that paedophilia subject buzzing, let's say it dozens of times and then if you're lucky you'll start tracking on SEO too.

I sent you a very nice Pm explaining my comments and expressing my regrets. It seems you are not willing enough to accept it. I never seen on your site someone try to smooth over the many glib comments made on K440.
Don’t be angry you bought a forum that has baggage, when you could just develop your own for a fraction of the price. Has your time in Cambodia not taught a thing? In Cambodia it’s all about copying Caveat emptor
badneighour
Expatriate
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:47 pm
Reputation: 0
Falkland Islands

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by badneighour » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:39 am

Soi Dog wrote:
badneighour wrote: I made the comment and I made it clear what i meant in a later post.... that’s what i wrote and no one else. Read the whole thread. I am hoping we can just chill out a bit...i will say again i am sorry and don’t what to piss of anyone...
You can always edit your own posts, you know.

This issue is bigger than you now, anyway...and it's the reason I requested the CEO admin to delete those comments promptly. Things like this take on a life of their own. :facepalm:

Well too late now, at the time no one asked me to take it down, you said Mods should and the other input that I was given was to Fuck Off from the 10 year long K440 member, sort proving my point, that some there get angry to quick over thing s they cant control .
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 4266
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 1:06 pm
Reputation: 465
Korea North

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by kiwiincambodia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 am

Garry.Crabtree wrote:To me this conversation / argument between the two site is rather like pedophilia itself.................childish.
Image
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at https://tiny.cc/j410iy
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 17027
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2001
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by General Mackevili » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:50 am

bendix wrote:Do you think it is appropriate for you to offer the owner of another forum the chance to change the words of an anonymous poster, Gen M?
Yes, I do. I'd do it for ANY CEO member who thought a post was making a sinister, ambiguous accusation about them. I think it's totally fair, and it's called being "nice" and being professional, courteous enough to make sure members aren't getting smeared on a site we have control of.

Bad Neighbor has already articulated what he meant, and if you thought it could be read in another way, I was willing to change the wording from you, like I'd be willing to do for any member who felt they were being smeared because of another poster's choice of words that could be read in another way.

So yes, I do think it's appropriate.
Cam Nivag wrote:
What the hell is wrong with you guys?
"You guys"? Image
OrangeDragon wrote:That's not at all the way it was explained to me.
I was told it was a frequent problem.
What IS your point? I don't follow you now either.

I assume K440 has been bothered by those people for the fact that they're a "Cambodia" related site, and for no other reason.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 15
United States of America

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by OrangeDragon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:44 pm

I think that if you fill a forum with a lot of posts about people getting caught committing any. Crime you're going to end up with those kinds of criminals frequenting it and "reading up" on it. I'm not implying they're desired... Much the opposite I'm offering up the subject and discussion on it as a perspective they may not (especially from their reactions here) have considered regarding the side effects of their reporting/discussions on it. Thus something they can consider (once they quit reading into every post intents that aren't there) if its something that can and should be addressed.
PhnomRon
Expatriate
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:22 am
Reputation: 42

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by PhnomRon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Oh Christ, just let it go, man.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 15
United States of America

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by OrangeDragon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Just answering the question....
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Dara » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11 pm

bendix wrote:

On the plus side, it's becoming patently clear that Khmer440 is now the place that people can come and discuss paedophilia .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bunfuntamun, Conny, Deefer, FrankReynolds, Freightdog, Google [Bot], John Bingham, Kampuchia Crumbs, khmerhamster, lagrange, Nav, NitNoi, Oumedc, phuketrichard, Queef, Saigondisco, Soriya, Stiliko, Username Taken, Yahoo [Bot] and 703 guests