Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall bar ?

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
badneighour
Expatriate
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:47 pm
Reputation: 0
Falkland Islands

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by badneighour » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Search on this keyword rank checker on 440 and look at how they rank for the search phrase:
Cambodia pedophile forum

http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-e ... ition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder how much traffic that generates.
Don't you remember just three months ago when KiR mentioned that you were exchanging PM's with a child porn spammer, and other mods like myself quickly responded to rebut any suggestion that you were involved in child porn? We did that because we realized that his suggestion was an unfair low blow.

Now Scobienz acquires K440, and you start making chicken shit passive-aggressive suggestions here that K440 is a pedophile forum? You're embarrassing yourself.
I made the comment and I made it clear what i meant in a later post.... that’s what i wrote and no one else. Read the whole thread. I am hoping we can just chill out a bit...i will say again i am sorry and don’t what to piss of anyone...
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Reputation: 5

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Soi Dog » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:19 am

badneighour wrote: I made the comment and I made it clear what i meant in a later post.... that’s what i wrote and no one else. Read the whole thread. I am hoping we can just chill out a bit...i will say again i am sorry and don’t what to piss of anyone...
You can always edit your own posts, you know.

This issue is bigger than you now, anyway...and it's the reason I requested the CEO admin to delete those comments promptly. Things like this take on a life of their own. :facepalm:
Last edited by Soi Dog on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 17035
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2006
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by General Mackevili » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 am

Soi Dog wrote:
I would rather see CEO take the high ground early on and avoid this eventual slag fest, which will damage both forums. I fear it is now unavoidable.
Soi Dog wrote:
...and it's the reason I requested the CEO admin to delete those comments promptly. Things like this take on a life of their own. :facepalm:
Actually, just to make this clear, I sent Bendix a message (at the same time I made my previous post on this thread) letting him know I'd be more than happy to change the wording of Bad Neighbor's post, since he thought it could be read to imply sometime else. He declined my offer.

I just wanted to point out that we were willing to change it to whatever Bendix wanted to make damn sure nobody could read into it wrong, and he didn't want it changed.

I know that if I thought someone had a bad post about me that I thought shouldn't be online and they gave me the opportunity to change it to WHATEVER I wanted, I'd take it. So, he clearly ain't too upset by it. Fair enough, and I can still see your point, Soi Dog, but you and everyone should know that I literally told him he could phrase it however he wanted and I'd change it for him.

So, please don't think we're being hard asses by not locking this thread or whatever, but there isn't much more we could have done to clear this up than offer the owner of K440 to rewrite the post himself.

We take this stuff very seriously and go out of our way to make sure everyone, especially CEO members, feel we aren't out to drag anyone through the mud for the hell of it.

And I can also only assume the Dragon is just showing that it's a popular subject, re Cam Navig.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with it being an "active" topic there or here. It's hard to have a discussion forum about Cambodia with news articles that doesn't ever discuss such a big thing in the media that Cambodia often gets highlighted for.

Ok, carry on.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
bendix
Expatriate
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 2:01 pm
Reputation: 3

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by bendix » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:15 am

Do you think it is appropriate for you to offer the owner of another forum the chance to change the words of an anonymous poster, Gen M? It's not. Because the minute that happened you would explain it and everyone would jump on the 'now scobienz is censoring criticism on CEO also' bandwagon.

It's not up to me to moderate your forum. That's your responsibility.

You're right. When I saw badneighbour's post I was mildly irritated but WTF. You have plenty of members attacking us all the time. OD's snide aspersion takes it to another level, sadly.

On the plus side, as this thread continues it's becoming patently clear that CEO is now the place that people can come and discuss paedophilia and make allegations with impunity, while it's carefully managed with guidelines in place on 440. So, yeah, let's keep the thread going, let's get that paedophilia subject buzzing, let's say it dozens of times and then if you're lucky you'll start tracking on SEO too.
User avatar
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Reputation: 735
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Cam Nivag » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:04 am

bendix wrote: On the plus side, as this thread continues it's becoming patently clear that CEO is now the place that people can come and discuss paedophilia and make allegations with impunity, while it's carefully managed with guidelines in place on 440. So, yeah, let's keep the thread going, let's get that paedophilia subject buzzing, let's say it dozens of times and then if you're lucky you'll start tracking on SEO too.
Jesus Christ. "Your site is the pedo site. No, your site is the pedo site."

You're all acting like children now.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by OrangeDragon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11 am

Cam Nivag wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Search on this keyword rank checker on 440 and look at how they rank for the search phrase:
Cambodia pedophile forum

http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-e ... ition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder how much traffic that generates.
Don't you remember just three months ago when KiR mentioned that you were exchanging PM's with a child porn spammer, and other mods like myself quickly responded to rebut any suggestion that you were involved in child porn? We did that because we realized that his suggestion was an unfair low blow.

Now Scobienz acquires K440, and you start making chicken shit passive-aggressive suggestions here that K440 is a pedophile forum? You're embarrassing yourself.
Man... You guys are reading into everything.

I also remember that you have it set up for the first posts of a new user to be screened and problems with a ton of kiddie porn spammers... I'm not at all suggesting its a pedo site, just that because of keywords since you guys jump all over any news on the subject you may end up with an undue portion of them trafficking on you.
User avatar
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Reputation: 735
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Cam Nivag » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:16 am

You're still going on this?

"A ton of kiddie porn spammers?" "A ton?"

There was one, you asshat. And it was someone using child porn as a way to attack the site, not someone joining the site because he thought it was a pedo site.

What the hell is wrong with you guys?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by OrangeDragon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:30 am

That's not at all the way it was explained to me.
I was told it was a frequent problem.
User avatar
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Reputation: 735
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Cam Nivag » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:34 am

A frequent problem from one guy who had a vendetta against the site.
User avatar
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 9:50 am
Reputation: 12
Nigeria

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Garry.Crabtree » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:39 am

To me this conversation / argument between the two site is rather like pedophilia itself.................childish.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post