American Sex Offender EDWARD MARISPINI Arrested in Cambodia After Working as a Teacher at Beijing International Academy

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American Sex Offender EDWARD MARISPINI Arrested in Cambodia After Working as a Teacher at Beijing International Academy

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On February 19, at 1:30 pm, the department of Investigations and Procedures in the Immigration Department at the Phnom Penh police station received two foreigners, a registered sex offender from the US, EDWARD MARISPINI and a French national, GARCIA RENAUD ALEXANDRE.

1. A 51-year-old American man, EDWARD JOSEPH MARISPINI, was detained by a presentative of the US Embassy in Cambodia for the disturbance and had no passport. He came to Cambodia on January 19, and work as a teacher at Beijing International Academy, which was highlighted earlier this week on CEO. He had overstayed his visa by 11 days and had no passport with him.

2. A 44-year-old French man, GARCIA RENAUD ALEXANDRE, who reportedly has a mental problem was sent to the Immigration Department from Psar Kandal1 police station. He came to Cambodia as a Tourist on May 25, 2018, through Tropeang Kreal border cross. He used the visa which expired on January 11, 2019.

The two foreigners were sent to the immigration department to follow the legal procedures.

Edward Marispini is the second American sex offender who has been discovered working as a teacher at Beijing International Academy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia recently.

And here is Edward Marispini's mugshot from when he was arrested in the US for child sex crimes:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Re: American Sex Offender EDWARD MARISPINI Arrested in Cambodia After Working as a Teacher at Beijing International Acad

Post by Captain »

Likely. Both look like shaved, tattooed testicles!
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American Sex Offender EDWARD MARISPINI Arrested in Cambodia After Working as a Teacher at Beijing International Acad

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Captain wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:59 am Likely. Both look like shaved, tattooed testicles!
Most of us wouldn't know...... how would we know what shaved, tattooed testicles look like :facepalm:

As a side note, its shameful to have yet another American pedophile there.
What, Me worry?
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Totally agree. It is shameful to have any nationality of pedophile anywhere. But who is who? Is the tall guy with the Yankee shirt the American and the dumpy guy the Frenchman or vice versa?
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

Guess which one in the photos has the 'mental problem'. :)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Captain wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:21 am Totally agree. It is shameful to have any nationality of pedophile anywhere. But who is who? Is the tall guy with the Yankee shirt the American and the dumpy guy the Frenchman or vice versa?
Isn't the TEFL uniform long-sleeved shirt, pants, and leather shoes?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

hanno wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:34 am Isn't the TEFL uniform long-sleeved shirt, pants, and leather shoes?
What do you wear for work? Don't you wear pants and a shirt?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

fax wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:52 am
hanno wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:34 am Isn't the TEFL uniform long-sleeved shirt, pants, and leather shoes?
Yes (though not long-sleeved), I did not try to say that this uniform is exclusive of TEFL'ers; my point was that I am assuming the teacher is not the guy in shorts, Tee, and sneakers. Though of course Mr. Marsipini could have been a PE teacher....
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

hanno wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 am
fax wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:52 am
Yes (though not long-sleeved), I did not try to say that this uniform is exclusive of TEFL'ers; my point was that I am assuming the teacher is not the guy in shorts, Tee, and sneakers. Though of course Mr. Marsipini could have been a PE teacher....
Jesus, hanno. It's not a given that they arrested the guy while he was at work and in his work clothes.

Anyway the article says they were picked up yesterday which was a national holiday and schools were closed I think.

Also, that "true anon" guy said that Marispini bailed and said that he was planning to fly out of Cambodia, after he was confronted at work.

Furthermore, the only tefl jobbers that dress in all black like that, work at Limkokwing.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

So, he had an expired visa and that of course is a chargeable offense. Again the issue of whether or not we must have our passport on us at all times comes to mind, as this is also mentioned.

So, I wonder though, why a guy like this who is working legit, lets his visa expire? Could it be it was in processing, i.e. he had sent it to be renewed, so they just held his passport and application until they could charge him with an expired visa?

I once had a situation like that, they had not returned my passport and visa past the expiry date. I did get it, but it made me nervous at the time.
Last edited by RickyBobby on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic