American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 249
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by pczz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm

violet wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm
Yes, who would want to tip a person like that off?
another person like that and or an embarrassed headmaster calling him into the office and telling him he has been outed on CEO. it would be naive to assume that only good people come to forums
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 214

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by violet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:20 pm

pczz wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm
violet wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm
Yes, who would want to tip a person like that off?
another person like that and or an embarrassed headmaster calling him into the office and telling him he has been outed on CEO. it would be naive to assume that only good people come to forums


My question referred to the person posting it on a forum rather than choosing a descrete approach (edit... obviously not all on forums are good)
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 249
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by pczz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 am
Anon1978 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 am
Last I heard was that he was let go from BIA due to parental backlash and he is now working with children at a school out in a province.
Well that's not good. What school? What province?
Fu cking exactly what i said would happen. Now he is free to raom and abuse again, because people go blurting allegations to the wrong people.
User avatar
Cam Nivag
Expatriate
Posts: 2113
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Reputation: 517
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Cam Nivag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:12 pm

pczz wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Fu cking exactly what i said would happen. Now he is free to raom and abuse again, because people go blurting allegations to the wrong people.
Well, he was free to roam and abuse when he had the job at BIA. Now if anyone google the name Mark Lucius this thread comes up.
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 214

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by violet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:12 pm
pczz wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Fu cking exactly what i said would happen. Now he is free to raom and abuse again, because people go blurting allegations to the wrong people.
Well, he was free to roam and abuse when he had the job at BIA. Now if anyone google the name Mark Lucius this thread comes up.
But you are a smart man and get the argument he/she has made.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 15775
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1168
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:04 pm


pczz wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 am
pczz wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 am
Really this stuff should never be posted without talking to the professionals. APLE and CCF and proabably a dozen other NGO's and agencies are out there catching these people and blurting it all out over a forum may fuck up their work if a bust is imminent. There is little they can do with no evidence of any wrongdoing and they might have him under surveillance already. it is even possible the reason you are getting the runaround from the embassy is because he is under investigation. lets say he is involved in a pedo ring and they are monitoring him and collecting evidence on who he associates with etc as part of a bigger operation. You could blow it so please put it through the proper channels. Any big busts going on CCF or APLE will know about it almost for sure
He was identified back in September as a convicted child sex offender teaching children at a school in Cambodia. I'm merely asking if he's still working there, five months later. That's a bad question to ask? We should keep teachers' child sex offense convictions private in case APLE is investigation them? APLE has no way of knowing if a teacher in Cambodia is a convicted child sex offender unless someone tip them off, like if they read it here, for example.
Please read my message before replying. I did NOT say do not report it, what I said was talk to the professionals. If you call APLE on CFF and they know about this guy then he is being investigated. if they do not know about him then you have informed them and they can take the appropriate action. I know its a hard concept but if he is involved in something bigger and he becomes aware he has been spotted he may well stop and go somewhere else before the authorities have enough evidence to arrest him and all the other people who may be involved. Some or all will get away to start again somewhere else. It is normal practice for police forces to keep a low profiel during investigations unless there is an immediate risk, so they can observe, collect evidence and take out the whole gang
I get your point, but public awareness is often better than 'possibly' thwarting a 'possible' investigation. And he was actively teaching children at a school, and if I were parents I'd be very thankful it was brought to public attention, as it seems it caused the school to get him away from their children.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 214

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by violet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:07 pm

^and he ends up at another school. So only a case of 'not my problem' rather than any real solution
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 15775
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1168
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:40 pm


violet wrote:^and he ends up at another school. So only a case of 'not my problem' rather than any real solution
At another school who does no background check, clearly.

So, we could have NOT let it be published, and he can stay at the school he was working at, and probably harder for other schools to find out much about him.

Or....

We could let it be published, where it seems it likely already caused one school to let him go, and hopefully other schools will likely be more aware now. And who knows how many other schools didn't hire him.

How is this a 'not my problem' scenario?

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anon1978
Tourist
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:56 pm
Reputation: 9
Cambodia

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Anon1978 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 am
Anon1978 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 am
Last I heard was that he was let go from BIA due to parental backlash and he is now working with children at a school out in a province.
Well that's not good. What school? What province?
Unfortunately I have no more information. I heard that about 3 months ago. It took that long for BIA to actually do something.

I think posting it here was a good idea after alerting the Embassy. Perhaps I put too much faith in the Embassy. It gave exposure to the problem but, as mentioned above, it was not a permanent solution. It just forced him from the city to a place with where he may be able to blend in easier.
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 214

Re: American Sex Offender Mark Lucius is Working at BIA in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by violet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:12 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:40 pm
violet wrote:^and he ends up at another school. So only a case of 'not my problem' rather than any real solution
At another school who does no background check, clearly.

So, we could have NOT let it be published, and he can stay at the school he was working at, and probably harder for other schools to find out much about him.

Or....

We could let it be published, where it seems it likely already caused one school to let him go, and hopefully other schools will likely be more aware now. And who knows how many other schools didn't hire him.

How is this a 'not my problem' scenario?
You missed out the option presented by pczz.
Edit...and overlooking some details. No, I won't take the time to say what details. A person can either read and comprehend or not
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post