1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 10986
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2327
Tokelau

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Anchor Moy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:50 am

frank lee bent wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:16 pm
tuktuk to town $15!
Taxi service Layso Cheats charges $10 from SHV to the airport and $15 from the airport to town. No idea why there's a difference, but that's how it is. (Maybe the "tuktuk mafia" ? ) For 3 people with luggage that was a good deal.
Tel : 0889000554
$15 should be the maximum price from whatever taxi in whatever direction between SHV and the airport, except during holidays like Khmer NY probably.
cannabistourist wrote:And how is Sihanoukville airport ?
Most importantly, they have beer but you can also BYO. :beer3:
Also a smoking room once you have passed security. It is quite convivial.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14030
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2217
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:31 am

i should really fly from SHV airport to somewhere
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by StroppyChops » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:25 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:50 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:38 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm
frank lee bent wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:16 pm
tuktuk to town $15!
I understand the tuk-tuk drivers have their own cabal, and the price is not negotiable...
tbh i always slagged off the price of tuk tuks to/from the airport but looking at google maps, it is nearly 20km
Don't know about in SHV but the rule of thumb in PP is $10 for half a day, $20 for a full day, but fair-use applies - 7am to 2am is not a "day." Also, "half-a-day" constitutes any period of time before lunch or after lunch.

Or, if you prefer, 1,000r per km plus a bit.

Believe me, much research has been done on this, and I kinda have an "in" with tuk-tuk drivers.
im just comparing it to the tuk tuks from the airport to PP centre, which is 9km, which are between $7-10 depending on the driver and where you get it from,
i prefer jumping on the back of a moto than tuk tuks tbh unless im with someone
Yeah, fair comparison. Although if you head out the gate at PP airport and grab a curb-side tuk-tuk, you're suddenly back in the land of the almost-reasonable.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 11377
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 2780
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Username Taken » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 am

cannabistourist wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:58 pm
How much is the tuktuk ? thanks.
You wouldn't want to take a tuk tuk along that road for that distance. Take a cab, it's only $5.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/the-roa ... 12646.html
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 10986
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2327
Tokelau

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Anchor Moy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Username Taken wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 am
cannabistourist wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:58 pm
How much is the tuktuk ? thanks.
You wouldn't want to take a tuk tuk along that road for that distance. Take a cab, it's only $5.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/the-roa ... 12646.html
It's not a cab. The airport shuttle is just a minivan/bus that will only get you into town and then you will probably have to get a tuktuk to your house or hotel.(They will ask $2-5.)This would still be cheaper than a taxi, but more hassle. Going from SHV to airport, I think they have designated pick up places, but I doubt they would come to your house so you would also need a tuktuk.
If you have three people or fewer, the best option is the Sihanoukville Airport shuttle bus. Tickets cost $6 per person and will drop you off in any area of town you wish to go, including all of the big hotels and popular beaches. When you exit the airport, before heading out the door is a ticket counter where you can purchase tickets for the shuttle. The bus waits for about 20 minutes after each flight, but they do not solicit passengers. Meaning, don’t stand around waiting for someone to ask you if you want to take the shuttle. Just go buy a ticket and hop on. The trip to Sihanoukville takes about 20 minutes.
And frankly, do the math, if you have 3 people, better take a cab.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 11377
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 2780
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Username Taken » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Having taken a tuk tuk to and from Kbal Chai and getting run off the road by a semi, I wouldn't want to travel from the airport to shv by tuk tuk.
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
Luigi
Expatriate
Posts: 1967
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:12 pm
Reputation: 111

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Luigi » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:20 pm
Username Taken wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 am
cannabistourist wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:58 pm
How much is the tuktuk ? thanks.
You wouldn't want to take a tuk tuk along that road for that distance. Take a cab, it's only $5.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/the-roa ... 12646.html
It's not a cab. The airport shuttle is just a minivan/bus that will only get you into town and then you will probably have to get a tuktuk to your house or hotel.(They will ask $2-5.)This would still be cheaper than a taxi, but more hassle. Going from SHV to airport, I think they have designated pick up places, but I doubt they would come to your house so you would also need a tuktuk.
If you have three people or fewer, the best option is the Sihanoukville Airport shuttle bus. Tickets cost $6 per person and will drop you off in any area of town you wish to go, including all of the big hotels and popular beaches. When you exit the airport, before heading out the door is a ticket counter where you can purchase tickets for the shuttle. The bus waits for about 20 minutes after each flight, but they do not solicit passengers. Meaning, don’t stand around waiting for someone to ask you if you want to take the shuttle. Just go buy a ticket and hop on. The trip to Sihanoukville takes about 20 minutes.
And frankly, do the math, if you have 3 people, better take a cab.
My experiences of only three times were all contrary to this. They picked me up lexus 300, a camry & once a van at my house. $5.
From airport to my door $5. in a camry w/two other passengers each time.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 10986
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2327
Tokelau

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Anchor Moy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:47 pm

@Luigi
Doesn't look like they are talking about the same thing on MoveTC, where it says "wait for the bus" quite clearly.
Also sent someone on this (airport navette) from town to airport and we had to take them to Mottah for pickup.
So maybe not same same. :shrug: Yours sounds like share taxi and a very good deal for one person.
Username Taken wrote: Having taken a tuk tuk to and from Kbal Chai and getting run off the road by a semi, I wouldn't want to travel from the airport to shv by tuk tuk.
But you can smoke in a tuktuk. :smokin:
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2332
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Duncan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:47 pm
@Luigi
Doesn't look like they are talking about the same thing on MoveTC, where it says "wait for the bus" quite clearly.
Also sent someone on this (airport navette) from town to airport and we had to take them to Mottah for pickup.
So maybe not same same. :shrug: Yours sounds like share taxi and a very good deal for one person.
Username Taken wrote: Having taken a tuk tuk to and from Kbal Chai and getting run off the road by a semi, I wouldn't want to travel from the airport to shv by tuk tuk.
But you can smoke in a tuktuk. :smokin:

Only if it does not have a ''NO SMOKING '' sign in it.



Sorry, cannot find my photo.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CEOCambodiaNews, Conny, explorer, jaynewcastle, jjy, Lost50, Majestic-12 [Bot], Outos, PIEMAN, SenVmd70z and 803 guests