1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14451
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2524
Location: កម្ពុជា
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:20 am Air Asia starts flying in soon from KL. No flights from Thailand. The early flights were on sale for around $67.
thats decent KL flys to most places in Asia and ive even flown direct to London from there too!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cannabistourist
Expatriate
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 am
Reputation: -23
United States of America

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by cannabistourist »

And how is Sihanoukville airport ?
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 11805
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 3248
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Username Taken »

cannabistourist wrote:And how is Sihanoukville airport ?

Image
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 3015
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 550
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by cptrelentless »

cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:29 pm And how is Sihanoukville airport ?
It's a bit of tarmac and a couple of cubby holes to pick up your luggage. Somewhat limited concessions
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11330
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 2089
United States of America

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by frank lee bent »

tuktuk to town $15!
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1029
Australia

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by StroppyChops »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:16 pm tuktuk to town $15!
I understand the tuk-tuk drivers have their own cabal, and the price is not negotiable...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14451
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2524
Location: កម្ពុជា
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:16 pm tuktuk to town $15!
I understand the tuk-tuk drivers have their own cabal, and the price is not negotiable...
tbh i always slagged off the price of tuk tuks to/from the airport but looking at google maps, it is nearly 20km
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cannabistourist
Expatriate
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 am
Reputation: -23
United States of America

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by cannabistourist »

How much is the tuktuk ? thanks.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1029
Australia

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:16 pm tuktuk to town $15!
I understand the tuk-tuk drivers have their own cabal, and the price is not negotiable...
tbh i always slagged off the price of tuk tuks to/from the airport but looking at google maps, it is nearly 20km
Don't know about in SHV but the rule of thumb in PP is $10 for half a day, $20 for a full day, but fair-use applies - 7am to 2am is not a "day." Also, "half-a-day" constitutes any period of time before lunch or after lunch.

Or, if you prefer, 1,000r per km plus a bit.

Believe me, much research has been done on this, and I kinda have an "in" with tuk-tuk drivers.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14451
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2524
Location: កម្ពុជា
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: 1st international flight to Sihanoukville Scheduled

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:38 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:16 pm tuktuk to town $15!
I understand the tuk-tuk drivers have their own cabal, and the price is not negotiable...
tbh i always slagged off the price of tuk tuks to/from the airport but looking at google maps, it is nearly 20km
Don't know about in SHV but the rule of thumb in PP is $10 for half a day, $20 for a full day, but fair-use applies - 7am to 2am is not a "day." Also, "half-a-day" constitutes any period of time before lunch or after lunch.

Or, if you prefer, 1,000r per km plus a bit.

Believe me, much research has been done on this, and I kinda have an "in" with tuk-tuk drivers.
im just comparing it to the tuk tuks from the airport to PP centre, which is 9km, which are between $7-10 depending on the driver and where you get it from,
i prefer jumping on the back of a moto than tuk tuks tbh unless im with someone
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arget, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Old8404, siliconlife, Soriya, Stiliko and 508 guests