Teachers wanted

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
svisrecruit
Tourist

Teachers wanted

Post by svisrecruit »

Schedule : Full-Time, some Part-time positions may be available.

Job description:

- Identify clear teaching objectives based upon level curriculum goals and decide how they will be taught and assessed;
- Set appropriate tasks which build on prior attainment, and challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- Maintain discipline in accordance with school’s procedures and encourage punctuality, good behavior and high standards of work,
- Use a variety of teaching methods to match approach to content, structure information, present key ideas, use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions, and select appropriate supplementary learning resources;
- Assess how well learning objectives are being achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching, mark and monitor students work and set targets for progress, and undertake all other assessments as requested by examination bodies, departmental heads, and school procedures;
- Contribute to construction and creation of subject curriculum and develop lesson plans which identify clear targets and success criteria;
- Be willing to carry out professional duties, and operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of Sun Valley;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the English Programme from time to time.

Requirements:

- Bachelor’s degree in English Language, Literature, TEFL, ESL, or other related field; applicants with relevant experience and without such qualifications may be considered.
- At least 2 years working experience in similar function and field;
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of computing application software, such as the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Creativity and willingness to be active in the decision making process;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Honesty.
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and C.V in Word format and attach a recent photograph and supporting documents to: [email protected]
Alternatively, please drop your CV off at our office on #205 St. 182 (Tep Phan Blvd), Phnom Penh
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be notified and delivered documents will not be returned.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Teachers wanted

Post by taabarang »

Please indicate a salary and does the school buy the work permit? You levy professional and reasonable demands, one would hope that the salary reciprocates.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ check it out for yourself. Sun Valley International School.
http://sviscambodia.com/Index.aspx

Strange, everything is in English except the Tuition Fees.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote:^^ check it out for yourself. Sun Valley International School.
http://sviscambodia.com/Index.aspx

Strange, everything is in English except the Tuition Fees.
L. Taylor Hendricks III:

I'm always intrigued by people who's first name is initialised (thinking L. Ron Hubbard here) and who's lineage is thematic (thinking Thirston Howell III). I'm not in any way denigrating L. Taylor at all as I'm sure he's a great bloke, but he's obviously a thinking man given the satchel, TWO solved Rubics Cubes, AND an iProduct.

Edit: ahh, that spoiled it for me. Lawyer.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Thanks

Post by taabarang »

for the link. But I found nothing about salaries. SV needs to respond.
svisrecruit
Tourist

Re: Thanks

Post by svisrecruit »

taabarang wrote:for the link. But I found nothing about salaries. SV needs to respond.
taabarang, do you see a salary scale on most school websites or adverts?

Salaries/hourly rates are usually commensurate with qualifications and experience.

You could take the unusual step of applying and find out... ;)
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

First you could have answered my question about the work permit and while you're at it do you furnish the work visa too? Look, your advertisement describes a position that includes both teaching responsibilities and in part the admin duties of a head teacher. i will not take the usual step out of fear of getting the usual job-i.e. one that is devoid of dignity and academic freedom. Having taught over 20 years worldwide and some of those years in PP, I know that many language schools would prefer to hire a paid twirp with minimal qualifications than hire a genuine teacher. And when you compare your school's procedures with how other schools do it you are merely just another one of them.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

A lot of the ephemeral business postings on FB and fora now require full disclosure of price. It helps both parties to not waste each other's time to disclose.

Does anyone other than ACE pay much outside the $9-15/hr band?

hardly shameful to list a lowball price in a country where 25k p.a. is considered an ok salary LOL.
i mean jeez it is no secret the pay is mostly shit even at the top end.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

'i mean jeez it is no secret the pay is mostly shit even at the top end." Yes, shame is unknown to school administrators. And full disclosure is only slowly divulged over the years.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I have a colleague who was sacked because he inadvertently left his pay packet envelope on his desk. Reason given is that the Filipino teachers might have seen it and become upset.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic