CRAZY free flow lunch at Khéma

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: kuroneko

Post by Doc67 »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:24 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:39 am
Thanks for the Vivino link. As for the HobNob Cad Sav, it was very nice, no complaints at all. It was the cheapest red on the wine list, and there is no need to spend any more unless you really know what you are doing (we don't).

Here is the menu. The food is of a high standard and very well presented. The portions are not big, but that's perfect for a free flow deal. You get baskets of excellent fresh bread and chilled butter. Chicken Cordon Bleu is excellent, so to the Pork alla Milanese with spaghetti in a tomato sauce (sorry @truffledog)
Thanks for that, I would be interested to to know what other wines they sell and their prices. The fact that the Hob Nob was the cheapest on the list at $30 is a bit worrying - suggesting that any vintage wine will be way overpriced. A vintage Bordeaux Superior at the restaurant I frequent starts at $19 a bottle which is very good value and I would be happy to pay up to $30 at any other place.
As you say the Hob Nob is a very nice wine and I would be happy to pay $15 or may be $17 a for a bottle at a restaurant but not $30. I realise you hadn't much choice, four bottles of acceptable wine at less than acceptable price. :D
I was going to suggest asking @Nicolas, the OP, to post the wine list but he hasn't been back to this thread for a while and upon checking I see has hasn't been active on this forum for over 2 months. I do hope he is ok.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic