CRAZY free flow lunch at Khéma

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Re: CRAZY free flow lunch at Khéma

Post by Mr.November »

I went there yesterday for lunch, really nice, really high class dining experience.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Do they have bibs so you don’t get your beard all messed up ?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Did you get drunk?
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Post by Mr.November »

Alcohol not included, just food.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Mr.November wrote:I went there yesterday for lunch, really nice, really high class dining experience.
Which Khéma did you visit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Post by Mr.November »

Pasteur, street 228
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Update

So the business lunch “all you can eat” has been increased from $14 net to $15 net (and from 9 dishes to 25 dishes Image)

Still a hell of a deal.

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Well that didn't work for me.

I arrived there at about 12 and directed to a table...very nice and big place. I look at the menu and the price is now $15..I show the waitress the menu as posted yesterday by the OP and she goes off to talk to the manager. Manager comes back and says 'sorry sir, we change the price'..

OK, the OP since updated the price @11.51am today after I had already left to go there but it does seem odd that he posted $14 lunch last night, yet it's already been changed and menus reprinted on the first available day for members to avail themselves of it.. And I count 25 dishes on both menus and they look the same to me.

OP- you did say it was this week's offer..did you tell us on the last day of the week it ended? :lol: Of course it's only $1 but I wasn't expecting that.. By the way, before I left, I checked Khéma on FB and also their website for the address information and also to see when this weekly promo ends but I couldn't find any mention of this free flow lunch.

Next, the waitress asks me what I would like to order from the menu. Now it might have been naive of me to expect it would be 'buffet' style and in fairness, OP didn't say 'buffet' and checking the menu again it says 'please order wisely to avoid wastage'. I originally had in mind I would like to try a number of different items and mix it up a bit but I figured this would not work well for 1 pax. It would good for a larger group or even a couple so that you can share some of the dishes. Added to that, I'm not a desert guy either.

Of course maybe I could have ordered multiple entrees and mains and leave with a bunch of takeaway boxes or such like but that's hardly 'ordering wisely' not to mention abusing the system as 1 pax. So I left rather disappointed without ordering or sampling the food. Oh well.. :cry:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:27 pm Well that didn't work for me.

I arrived there at about 12 and directed to a table...very nice and big place. I look at the menu and the price is now $15..I show the waitress the menu as posted yesterday by the OP and she goes off to talk to the manager. Manager comes back and says 'sorry sir, we change the price'..

OK, the OP since updated the price @11.51am today after I had already left to go there but it does seem odd that he posted $14 lunch last night, yet it's already been changed and menus reprinted on the first available day for members to avail themselves of it.. And I count 25 dishes on both menus and they look the same to me.

OP- you did say it was this week's offer..did you tell us on the last day of the week it ended? :lol: Of course it's only $1 but I wasn't expecting that.. By the way, before I left, I checked Khéma on FB and also their website for the address information and also to see when this weekly promo ends but I couldn't find any mention of this free flow lunch.

Next, the waitress asks me what I would like to order from the menu. Now it might have been naive of me to expect it would be 'buffet' style and in fairness, OP didn't say 'buffet' and checking the menu again it says 'please order wisely to avoid wastage'. I originally had in mind I would like to try a number of different items and mix it up a bit but I figured this would not work well for 1 pax. It would good for a larger group or even a couple so that you can share some of the dishes. Added to that, I'm not a desert guy either.

Of course maybe I could have ordered multiple entrees and mains and leave with a bunch of takeaway boxes or such like but that's hardly 'ordering wisely' not to mention abusing the system as 1 pax. So I left rather disappointed without ordering or sampling the food. Oh well.. :cry:
I guess someone didn't think the promo all the way through. I can just see it, department head meeting: we need to do something, revenue is down. Let's do a promo and let the trainee handle it.....
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

clutchcargo wrote:Well that didn't work for me.

Thank you for your feedback!
I’m so sorry about this last minute change. It was planned some time ago, it never felt it was a good time for it, and it just dropped late in the morning to be done ASAP, now that very few knows about this new extended menu set.

I regret the way La Poste handle your visit, obviously the right way would have been to keep the original price for you. It’s not a matter of one silly dollar, it’s the principle. Same for all lunch pre-bookings.

It’s not a buffet indeed. We are still in a Covid “3 do’s 3 don’t” mindset, and displaying food in the opening in a no-go.
You just chose your dishes, re-order as many times it pleases you, and you enjoy a full service at your table with white tablecloth, freshly baked bread and French imported butter to spread.

The mention “please order wisely to avoid food wastage” is extremely reasonable IMO.

For what I understood, this menu will not end, but there will be a rotation every week or twice a month of a few dishes, maybe a third or half the menu.

I didn’t try it yet, don’t think I will by the way, except of course if I have to invite for a business lunch and in that case it’s a no brainer!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic