Luigi’s redeems

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Luigi’s redeems

Post by newkidontheblock »

Took my starving missus to Luigi’s for another shot of finding good pizza in Phnom Penh. She was starving, not in the mood for Italian, and not happy about going across town from Riverside to Luigi’s. Cold shoulder all the way.

Place is a charming Italian style ristorante. All the menu items are Italian with English descriptions. Serving staff wore hats similar to the barbers at Tokyo Hair Salon. Customers were mostly young Khmer and a few foreigners. Price is at the higher end with most items around $10 or higher.

I ordered the 4 cheese pizza (waiter recommendation) and she ordered the strawberry gelato.

Pizza came out brick oven style. Light and airy, but stiff enough to be foldable for eating. Cheeses were good, but not really to my liking. I like some sauce on my pizza, otherwise perfect.

Gelato was a smoother texture than ice cream, nice velvety taste.

Overall experience - sucked. Don’t drag your starving better half across town to eat food she doesn’t want to eat.

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Luigi’s redeems

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:02 pm Overall experience - sucked. Don’t drag your starving better half across town to eat food she doesn’t want to eat.
If I was graving Italian food and she would show that kind of childish behavior I would stop calling her 'my better half' for sure.

Maybe rethink the title NKOTB, with an estimated 30 years to go.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:02 pm Took my starving missus to Luigi’s for another shot of finding good pizza in Phnom Penh. She was starving, not in the mood for Italian, and not happy about going across town from Riverside to Luigi’s. Cold shoulder all the way.

So why did you go Italian when your wife was not happy????? Why not go t a souky soup or equivalent? No offence but seems a bit insensitive to me

Sorry I posted a pic with this but shutterfly is not working. If anyone knows of a free photo upload that works please post
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

You're the man now, kid, you need to put your foot down and stomp that shit out, otherwise she'll be forever fucking like, "But I didn't want pizza..." and you'll be like, "shut your fucking mouth bitch, I've got a four cheeses pizza coming, why not get an ice-cream or some shit?"
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Gotta bring my better half to Luigi's too !
Don't forget the water buffalo
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

So wait, you're saying the pizza was decent and gelato as well, but the final verdict is that it "sucked" because she gave you the cold shoulder and wasn't in the mood for pizza? Sounds to me like you've got a girl problem rather than a restaurant problem. Learn to choose better next time (either girl or restaurant based on both your moods). Also, try Romano's or Tratorria Del'Arte (pricier) of you're after pizza or Italian near the riverside. Saves you a few km.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic