Maison Eric Kayser PP- restaurant review

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Maison Eric Kayser PP- restaurant review

Post by John Bingham »

EDC wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:58 pm
Cambo Dear wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: How about trying it- that would give you a really good idea.
I thought I made it clear in my last post, but just in case I'll reiterate - because the ingredients look very low quality and the price does not reflect that. Ten bucks for some eggs, the cheapest reformulated spam masquerading as bacon, a slice of bread with butter and jam, a croissant, a tiny glass of juice and a micro-coffee is ridiculous, even if it is garnished with some lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Calling it a London breakfast is ludicrous.
Review based on multiple real world experiences or self righteous analysis of a picture...hmmm, who to believe!? ImageImage
Well in my real- world experience that doesn't resemble anything like anything that ever went by the name of a "London Breakfast". It might be tasty enough but don't try and bullshit us that a French breakfast is an English one. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
EDC
Expatriate
Australia

Post by EDC »

John Bingham wrote:
Cambo Dear wrote:
I thought I made it clear in my last post, but just in case I'll reiterate - because the ingredients look very low quality and the price does not reflect that. Ten bucks for some eggs, the cheapest reformulated spam masquerading as bacon, a slice of bread with butter and jam, a croissant, a tiny glass of juice and a micro-coffee is ridiculous, even if it is garnished with some lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Calling it a London breakfast is ludicrous.
Review based on multiple real world experiences or self righteous analysis of a picture...hmmm, who to believe!? ImageImage
Well in my real- world experience that doesn't resemble anything like anything that ever went by the name of a "London Breakfast". It might be tasty enough but don't try and bullshit us that a French breakfast is an English one. 8-)
So your gripe is just with the wording/description of one single item on their menu then??
They can call it First World Problems Breakfast for all I care...but overall, Roz’s review is still spot on in my experience! ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

Naw, it was mid week just a couple of weeks ago. Won't go back there again - As you say though the outlet at Bread is a different story.

SmartAston Martin wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:09 pm What?! Really? Vattanac E.K. not really good? Did you go on a holiday or a soft opening?!

Bread has always a been excellent, but haven't tried the breakfast menu yet. Hmm ...
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

how do u know what most of the guys balls look like?
thru shit to more shit
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I buy my bread and croissants there and the monge and croissants are top notch.
Would be really hard pressed to find a better croissant in that western place where I live.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

markd wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 pm how do u know what most of the guys balls look like?
Word of mouth................ sorry Rozz that's crass, ungentlemanly, sexist, uncalled for ,off topic and impossible. =@
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

EDC wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:04 am
John Bingham wrote:
Cambo Dear wrote:
So your gripe is just with the wording/description of one single item on their menu then??
They can call it First World Problems Breakfast for all I care...but overall, Roz’s review is still spot on in my experience! ImageImage
My gripe is that it isn't a "London Breakfast", I have lived both in London and France and happen to know the difference. I've been in New York a few times too and their "New York" breakfast is nonsense too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:05 am
EDC wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:04 am
John Bingham wrote:
Cambo Dear wrote:
My gripe is that it isn't a "London Breakfast", I have lived both in London and France and happen to know the difference. I've been in New York a few times too and their "New York" breakfast is nonsense too.
Sadly I do not think there will ever be a Cambodian trades description act. :hattip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic