Maison Eric Kayser PP- restaurant review

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Maison Eric Kayser PP- restaurant review

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

violet wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:50 pm I got tired of every vocal poster telling me how boring/annoying I was on the other forum.
You're far from annoying or boring, Violet. I'd buy you a flat white at Eric Kayser any time.

HUGE loss to TOF if you've jumped ship.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i would hope that a slight standard of respect is shown posters here, ad homs are not liked here,and we try to limit trolling and stalking to some degree consistent with free speech
it is no thaivisa anyway
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

More cheers to Violet's escape from K440.

Let freedom reign.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

at first thought SMAM was a troll- opinion changed
respect- and don't hold back on the forthright style :-)
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

rozzieoz wrote: How about trying it- that would give you a really good idea.
I thought I made it clear in my last post, but just in case I'll reiterate - because the ingredients look very low quality and the price does not reflect that. Ten bucks for some eggs, the cheapest reformulated spam masquerading as bacon, a slice of bread with butter and jam, a croissant, a tiny glass of juice and a micro-coffee is ridiculous, even if it is garnished with some lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Calling it a London breakfast is ludicrous.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I write the review based on my experience- I don’t make the food. Everything I’ve tasted there has been delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

rozzieoz wrote:I write the review based on my experience- I don’t make the food. Everything I’ve tasted there has been delicious.

That’s one thing we can agree on Roz. I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal there and always walked away happy.
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

The new(ish) restaurant locating in the Bread Building on Norodom Blvd is very good, really enjoyed it. Nice service, abundance of lovely warm crispy bread delivered to our table while waiting for our food. I couldn't find the one on Monivong, thought it may have been in the Vattank building so went to check it out. It's really crap, horrible food, horrible service and only a select view items on the table available - Make sure you don't try that one.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

What?! Really? Vattanac E.K. not really good? Did you go on a holiday or a soft opening?!

Bread has always a been excellent, but haven't tried the breakfast menu yet. Hmm ...
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
EDC
Expatriate
Australia

Post by EDC »

Cambo Dear wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: How about trying it- that would give you a really good idea.
I thought I made it clear in my last post, but just in case I'll reiterate - because the ingredients look very low quality and the price does not reflect that. Ten bucks for some eggs, the cheapest reformulated spam masquerading as bacon, a slice of bread with butter and jam, a croissant, a tiny glass of juice and a micro-coffee is ridiculous, even if it is garnished with some lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Calling it a London breakfast is ludicrous.
Review based on multiple real world experiences or self righteous analysis of a picture...hmmm, who to believe!? ImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic