Peppery House

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in sihanoukville, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & food porn is always welcome.
User avatar
kennzo
Expatriate
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:16 pm
Karma: 1
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Great Britain

Peppery House

Postby kennzo » Tue May 06, 2014 6:56 pm

New restaurant on street #19, got a 30% discount card so giving it a go. Review to follow.
I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
User avatar
Mekong Mickey
Expatriate
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 1:46 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Peppery House

Postby Mekong Mickey » Tue May 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks for telling us you have a 30% discount to place you have never been to!

Are you from Detroit?
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8549
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 154
Australia

Re: Peppery House

Postby StroppyChops » Tue May 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Mekong Mickey wrote:Are you from Detroit?
Something wrong with the filters - are the admins letting just anybody in here?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Cambod
Site Admin
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 11:00 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Peppery House

Postby Cambod » Wed May 07, 2014 8:18 am

StroppyChops wrote:
Mekong Mickey wrote:Are you from Detroit?
Something wrong with the filters - are the admins letting just anybody in here?
Heaven help us!
User avatar
Cambod
Site Admin
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 11:00 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Peppery House

Postby Cambod » Wed May 07, 2014 8:20 am

I also have a 30% discount card! ! ! ! .....that I haven't used just yet... Soon though..

Image
User avatar
Mekong Mickey
Expatriate
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 1:46 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Peppery House

Postby Mekong Mickey » Wed May 07, 2014 8:14 pm

WOW! Just Wow! I wish I had 30% off a place I have never been to and probably will never go to!

:greet:
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8549
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 154
Australia

Re: Peppery House

Postby StroppyChops » Wed May 07, 2014 8:42 pm

All this tells me (like any other sale or discount) is that the place is ripping people off at least 30% over and above...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4183
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 6
United States of America

Re: Peppery House

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu May 08, 2014 12:26 am

StroppyChops wrote:All this tells me (like any other sale or discount) is that the place is ripping people off at least 30% over and above...
it's called a loss leader.

generally cost of goods + 100% should be around where your selling price lives. this generally allows for overhead expenses/etc with some profit. obviously on big ticket items that require lower overhead this is something you won't get by with.

when you do a sale like this you're at cost of goods + 70%... generally still enough that you won't go bankrupt and worth it to get those people in the door and talking about your product. it's marketing, and generally written into a marketing expense column as a cost of doing business. it doesn't mean that your regular price is too high.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8549
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 154
Australia

Re: Peppery House

Postby StroppyChops » Thu May 08, 2014 12:29 am

^ understood.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Mekong Mickey
Expatriate
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 1:46 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Peppery House

Postby Mekong Mickey » Thu May 08, 2014 5:56 pm

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:All this tells me (like any other sale or discount) is that the place is ripping people off at least 30% over and above...
it's called a loss leader.

generally cost of goods + 100% should be around where your selling price lives. this generally allows for overhead expenses/etc with some profit. obviously on big ticket items that require lower overhead this is something you won't get by with.

when you do a sale like this you're at cost of goods + 70%... generally still enough that you won't go bankrupt and worth it to get those people in the door and talking about your product. it's marketing, and generally written into a marketing expense column as a cost of doing business. it doesn't mean that your regular price is too high.
Wouldn't a 30% discount on the meal be "cost of goods" + 40%? Just asking :friends:


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Getting Your Fill”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests