Cambodia Work Permit 2019 - Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 808
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 214
Cambodia

Cambodia Work Permit 2019 - Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Kammekor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:08 am

OK,

I'll kick off. I got the 2019 WP at the local office of the ministry of labor and vocational training in my province. Total fee 195$ this year. Everything included.

<edit>
OK, it's 2019 already.....
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 858
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 415
Cambodia

Re: Work permit 2019 - where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Brody » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:18 am

Boy, you're a hard-charger. We've got 3 months to get it done.

I heard one guy just submitted his to LL for a 'self-employed' for $220.
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 808
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 214
Cambodia

Re: Work permit 2019 - where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Kammekor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:25 am

Brody wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:18 am
Boy, you're a hard-charger. We've got 3 months to get it done.

I heard one guy just submitted his to LL for a 'self-employed' for $220.
Need some work done at MoFA in two weeks, without showing the doc's (in my case EB visa + WP) they won't do anything these days they told me....

Mine is indeed a 'self employed' one too, no backpayments included, just a 'self employed WP for 2019.
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 808
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 214
Cambodia

Re: Work permit 2019 - where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Kammekor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Just crossed my mind, what if your visa is nearly due. Must be loads of foreigners in Cambodia hastily arranging new WP's because their visa is due this or next month....
xandreu
Expatriate
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 am
Reputation: 57
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia Work Permit 2019 - Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by xandreu » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:21 pm

I've been looking into renewing my WP lately. I used an agent last time who has quoted me $300 to renew so I'm looking to do it myself, so a few questions for you if you don't mind...

Did you physically go to the office of the ministry of labour? I've been told you can only do it online? Did you have to take a medical certificate and certificate of residence with you like they ask for on the website, or just your E-Visa and 2018 WP? My 2018 is a self employed one and I'm just looking to renew it. How long did you have to wait? It sounds like you got yours already?

Thanks in advance. :)
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 858
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 415
Cambodia

Re: Work permit 2019 - where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Brody » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:38 pm

Kammekor wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm
Just crossed my mind, what if your visa is nearly due. Must be loads of foreigners in Cambodia hastily arranging new WP's because their visa is due this or next month....

You don't need a new WP to get your 12 month EB EOS, you just need a letter of employment, which I think needs to be thumb printed now.

But for the WP they'll want a copy of your current EB EOS, etc.
Element6
Expatriate
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:33 pm
Reputation: 5
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia Work Permit 2019 - Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Element6 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:12 am

xandreu wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:21 pm
Did you physically go to the office of the ministry of labour? I've been told you can only do it online? Did you have to take a medical certificate and certificate of residence with you like they ask for on the website, or just your E-Visa and 2018 WP? My 2018 is a self employed one and I'm just looking to renew it. How long did you have to wait? It sounds like you got yours already?

Thanks in advance. :)
At our company our HR do the process and we have to physically go to the MOL for the health check. I am sure however some agents will not require this if you pay a fee to cover the cost of having a medical examination done in your absence....

That said the medical exam is nothing onerous - height, weight, blood pressure, blood sugar test and a question about if you have ever had an operation. I have done it for the last 4 years and it never took more than 30 minutes
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 808
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 214
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia Work Permit 2019 - Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Kammekor » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:17 am

xandreu wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:21 pm
I've been looking into renewing my WP lately. I used an agent last time who has quoted me $300 to renew so I'm looking to do it myself, so a few questions for you if you don't mind...

Did you physically go to the office of the ministry of labour? I've been told you can only do it online? Did you have to take a medical certificate and certificate of residence with you like they ask for on the website, or just your E-Visa and 2018 WP? My 2018 is a self employed one and I'm just looking to renew it. How long did you have to wait? It sounds like you got yours already?

Thanks in advance. :)
Yes, I went to the local office of the ministry of labor in my province. The staff working there apparently is a trained medic too, so one look was enough to make him decide I was 'fit to go'. Fee for health check wasn't waived though.... I know you can go the local health center too to get a certificate of health, but I chose the convenience of this route for the same fee.

He told me I will receive the card in about 2 weeks, for now I've been given a receipt that will be accepted as well (together with last year's card). In and out in 5 minutes, maybe less. But again, this was a local office of the department in my provincial town, not the main office in Phnom Penh. For anyone living in a main town I recommend visiting their office over using the website.
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 808
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 214
Cambodia

Re: Work permit 2019 - where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Kammekor » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 am

Brody wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:38 pm
Kammekor wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm
Just crossed my mind, what if your visa is nearly due. Must be loads of foreigners in Cambodia hastily arranging new WP's because their visa is due this or next month....

You don't need a new WP to get your 12 month EB EOS, you just need a letter of employment, which I think needs to be thumb printed now.

But for the WP they'll want a copy of your current EB EOS, etc.
Not sure about this year, but last year DoI demanded to see my WP.
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 858
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 415
Cambodia

Re: Work permit 2019 - where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Brody » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:38 am

Kammekor wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 am
Brody wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:38 pm
Kammekor wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm
Just crossed my mind, what if your visa is nearly due. Must be loads of foreigners in Cambodia hastily arranging new WP's because their visa is due this or next month....

You don't need a new WP to get your 12 month EB EOS, you just need a letter of employment, which I think needs to be thumb printed now.

But for the WP they'll want a copy of your current EB EOS, etc.
Not sure about this year, but last year DoI demanded to see my WP.
Fair enough, I only have experience with people using agents for their EOS's, not doing it in person.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beaker, Bing [Bot], clutchcargo, Deefer, Duncan, frank lee bent, Google [Bot], Kuroneko, phuketrichard, starkmonster, The Last Word, timmydownawell and 275 guests