Cambodia Work Permit 2019 - Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Stramash23
Expatriate

Re: Cambodia Work Permit 2019 - Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Post by Stramash23 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:08 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:49 pm
Stramash23 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm
John Bingham wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:49 pm
Stramash23 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 am
sigmoid wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Thumb printed? Is that a joke?

All new EOS applications now require a letter with thumbprint. No joke

I got an EOS a few weeks ago and didn't give any thumbprint.
Yes, it happens. TIC as you well know. What happens in the reality of day does not always reflect what the rules say. I heard today of someone getting their WP on an ER - yet you are - allegedly - not meant to work on an ER. Go figure...
They don't need a thumbprint, they got my blood today during the stupid "medical check" . I'm sure it was just thrown straight in the trash.
I agree it's silly. But the thumbprinted letter IS part of current requirements. It's just that, as usual, some agents ask for it, some don't
Too weird to live, too rare to die
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am

Stramash23 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm
Kammekor wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:34 pm
Stramash23 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:44 am

so you just accepted a roughly $60 rise in costs with no questions? Agents must love you
Feel free to post your experiences and price paid for getting a 'self employed WP for 2019' after you used your bargaining skills with the government official.

(This one's not rhetorical.)

Just paid for mine - 155 including agent fee
Aargh. Paid $200 this year. Last year in the low hundreds with the same agent. But didn't have to do anything or provide them with any paperwork now, just gave them a call I wanted to renew so I guess the 45 extra is for the convenience.
just noise, white noise
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 am

In previous years my employer has done them for me. I'm now working for a foreign company as a contractor so need a freelance work permit instead. I've been told the switch is going to be a hassle, can anyone recommend a good agent to deal with?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:29 am

get a chinese passport then you can do whatever you want without any apperwork. its the future :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic