Wings wings everywhere!

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Wings wings everywhere!

Postby OrangeDragon » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:43 pm

They're back! And this time alive and trying to get into my office. Sounds like a teenage crush tossing rocks at my windows. Had to dispatch 3 already who made it in (which tells me I need to put a bit of seal on the windows so it's not letting the aircon out).
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Postby StroppyChops » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:46 pm

OrangeDragon wrote:They're back! And this time alive and trying to get into my office. Sounds like a teenage crush tossing rocks at my windows. Had to dispatch 3 already who made it in (which tells me I need to put a bit of seal on the windows so it's not letting the aircon out).
Been reading any Alfred Hitchcock recently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjaVdJt59U
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Postby thePeck » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:43 am

indigo_design wrote:Last night in SV they were termites swarming due to the start of the rainy season.

The geckos were in animal heaven scoffing them down and my kitten exhuasted itself chasing them all around the living room.

I also ate 3 of them to the amazement a girl on Victory Hill. :beer2:

Highly nutritious but strangley Khmers don't eat them. Why not??

My gf's family last week knocked down a wasp comb and pulled all the larvae out to cook. I doubt they DON'T eat them here too, just pull the wings off if they aren't already. Fry them with a bit of garlic and generous dash of chili and you got a midnight snack.

• Advertisement
Booking.com