So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so much...

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 3300
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 1:06 pm
Karma: 85
Korea North

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby kiwiincambodia » Sat May 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Soi Dog wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Soi Dog wrote: We should do the same to his website.
Oh, God no, please! LoL!

It's already a full-time job for us to make sure nobody crosses the line on CEO when discussing him or his site.
Dude, he is going after your advertisers or potential advertisers via twitter! That is the most despicable thing possible. And it's intensely hypocritical because that site was almost practically a sexpat forum for its first decade in existence, and KiR and GavinMac themselves contributed many of those types of threads in the past.
That doesn't mean we should lower ourselves to their level.

Let's prove we can have a successful forum with out all the bitterness.
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at https://tiny.cc/j410iy
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 126
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby Username Taken » Sat May 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Funny post on the other forum from the leader asking a poster " have you not heard of the concept of client confidentiality ".

A sarcastic reply re PM confidentiality would surely result in marching orders - I'm tempted. :D
Violet has responded:
violet at another forum wrote:That does not take away from the fact it's bloody out of order for the owner of a forum (or an admin/mod) to post a PM as a dig at someone you are having an issue with. There's really no denying that.
:Yahoo!:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
ryoon
Expatriate
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:08 am
Karma: 0

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby ryoon » Sat May 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Thet really did post PM ? Are they crazy ? Who will be a member of a forum where the mode can get away with this? Is this only legal ?

What are the detail exactly for the one who have follow the story ?
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Karma: 3

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby Soi Dog » Sat May 24, 2014 6:21 pm

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Soi Dog wrote: We should do the same to his website.
Oh, God no, please! LoL!

It's already a full-time job for us to make sure nobody crosses the line on CEO when discussing him or his site.
Dude, he is going after your advertisers or potential advertisers via twitter! That is the most despicable thing possible. And it's intensely hypocritical because that site was almost practically a sexpat forum for its first decade in existence, and KiR and GavinMac themselves contributed many of those types of threads in the past.
That doesn't mean we should lower ourselves to their level.

Let's prove we can have a successful forum with out all the bitterness.
A successful and bitterless forum that has few advertisers and practically no income. Is that the concept? How long will that experiment last? Fine. Keep letting KiR badmouth your website on any platform he wants while he keeps all the advertisers and therefore all the income. :thumb:
User avatar
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 3300
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 1:06 pm
Karma: 85
Korea North

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby kiwiincambodia » Sat May 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Soi Dog wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Soi Dog wrote: We should do the same to his website.
Oh, God no, please! LoL!

It's already a full-time job for us to make sure nobody crosses the line on CEO when discussing him or his site.
Dude, he is going after your advertisers or potential advertisers via twitter! That is the most despicable thing possible. And it's intensely hypocritical because that site was almost practically a sexpat forum for its first decade in existence, and KiR and GavinMac themselves contributed many of those types of threads in the past.
That doesn't mean we should lower ourselves to their level.

Let's prove we can have a successful forum with out all the bitterness.
A successful and bitterless forum that has few advertisers and practically no income. Is that the concept? How long will that experiment last? Fine. Keep letting KiR badmouth your website on any platform he wants while he keeps all the advertisers and therefore all the income. :thumb:
I think him needing to bad mouth advertisers of any site shows more about him and his site than the advertisers and sites he is trying to bad mouth.
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at https://tiny.cc/j410iy
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Karma: 3

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby Soi Dog » Sat May 24, 2014 6:28 pm

kiwiincambodia wrote: I think him needing to bad mouth advertisers of any site shows more about him and his site than the advertisers and sites he is trying to bad mouth.
If it's any consolation to you, I'm sure he feels really bad about his behavior while at the bank, cashing all the advertiser's checks.
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Karma: 0

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby Dara » Sat May 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Soi Dog,

Z, and OD, can win with out having any board war. OD mentioned
that he has run another board for more than a decade. And he says
this one is here to stay.

Z puts a lot in to CEO and he is fine with that. He put a lot of effort into
that other forum even without having any pay or privileges, so this must
be great fun working on a board as an owner.

They can not be beat. Just have a good time and enjoy the show.

Much more important than who is advertising where.....as if ANYTHING could
be more important than that (lol), is what the results of advertising are.
It could be that our fellow boardies at CEO are more likely to try new places out,
or go out more often, or seem to be a better, more fun crowd.
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Karma: 3

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby Soi Dog » Sat May 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Dara wrote:Soi Dog....
How did you manage to get -1 karma with only 13 posts? :ROFL:
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Karma: 0

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby Dara » Sat May 24, 2014 6:55 pm

and I am supposed to be "PROTECTED" !

HA........some protection indeed
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12075
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 128
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Postby General Mackevili » Sat May 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Soi Dog wrote: A successful and bitterless forum that has few advertisers and practically no income. Is that the concept? How long will that experiment last? Fine. Keep letting KiR badmouth your website on any platform he wants while he keeps all the advertisers and therefore all the income. :thumb:
LoL, you always (fuck it, usually) make very good points, and I think this is one of them.

While we're not thrilled to be attacked by him, as I'm sure is the same way with our sponsors, I do feel he has the right to label our site however he wants, and use any platform he wants, as long as it's not illegal, etc.

It shows his true colors, not ours.

In the same way we're letting everyone here publicly express the way they feel about him and his site, he has the right to do the same IMHO. This is not a witch hunt or a public lynching, I've been busy making sure people don't cross any lines on here, and we'll protect our members as well as our competitors and members of any forums in the same fashion.

Also, it's only a matter of time until people see him ranting and raving about this site, find CEO themselves and make up their own minds.





P.S.

LoL, I just had a look over there and K440 is REALLY reaching to excuse why KiR decided to publish OD's PM's for no other reason to try and publicly humiliate him.

Again, he should sincerely apologize for doing it, not make up bullshit excuses that nobody over there is believing.

There is no reason/excuse at all for him to have posted his PM's. Period.

I'm just glad he's admitting it happened instead of trying to deny he ever did it.

Code: Select all

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37877
It's surreal to see him putting the nails in his own coffin.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], prettyvacant, Ronny, SamSalmon, taabarang and 113 guests