What weapons are you allowed to carry?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Re: What weapons are you allowed to carry?

Post by Milord » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:00 am

I'm sure a good carpenter could made you a hollow cane with the addition of steel.

In fact a "hawaiian spear gun" is a tube + rubber + bolt/dart.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:03 am

chkwoot wrote:. I often go out with a knife and stun gun, ......
Really?

If it ever got to the point where I felt I needed to arm myself with stunners and knives when I go out, it's fair to say the place I'm living may have lost its alure and it would certainly be time to move on.

Can I ask why you carry that stuff? Do you live in a particularly dangerous part of Cambodia? Have you been attacked previously?
The idea that seeing the world is going from place to place to look at obvious things is an illusion natural to dull minds.
Sohi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sohi » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:47 am

In Cambodia the best and most effective weapon is a phone with the right numbers in it.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:15 am

Apparently pepper spray is available from u care chemists for $9
Using Tapatalk
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks Mrs Stroppy and chkwoot. I thought I was reading 440 there, with some of the other guff people feel compelled to post!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic