Weed in Cambodia

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
badneighour
Expatriate
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:47 pm
Reputation: 0
Falkland Islands

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by badneighour » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:51 am

Dara wrote:I really miss home grown....


Image
Dara is this in the kingdom...me want now. big bud
User avatar
0to60
Expatriate
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Cambodia

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by 0to60 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:30 am

Like the saying goes, if you want it done right do it yourself. Find some seeds. Often not easy, because they harvest so early the seeds are not viable. You may want to take a trip up towards Laos on your next holiday.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:49 pm

0to60 wrote:Yes, very easy. But you need to be discreet, they do like to be seen busting foreigners. If you're going to do it, take the same precautions you would in the west. Someone else's land, out in the country. 20 liter bucket of dirt up in a tree. Roof tops etc.
If I ever decided to grow 1 or 2 plants and the police came. The Fiancee already knows to just shrug it off and tell them it is for our soup. Look up the laws. Khmer can posses and grow ( although they dont state # of plants or quantity) to be used for cooking.

I found a little pot plant growing in the missus empty planter.... looked healthy. Guess I dropped a seed a nature did the rest. No need for trouble so I pulled it. Gave me a laugh though. She said she had been watering it thinking I bought her a new plant ( she loves gardening). Funny stuff there , kiddos.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by StroppyChops » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
0to60 wrote:Yes, very easy. But you need to be discreet, they do like to be seen busting foreigners. If you're going to do it, take the same precautions you would in the west. Someone else's land, out in the country. 20 liter bucket of dirt up in a tree. Roof tops etc.
If I ever decided to grow 1 or 2 plants and the police came. The Fiancee already knows to just shrug it off and tell them it is for our soup. Look up the laws. Khmer can posses and grow ( although they dont state # of plants or quantity) to be used for cooking.

I found a little pot plant growing in the missus empty planter.... looked healthy. Guess I dropped a seed a nature did the rest. No need for trouble so I pulled it. Gave me a laugh though. She said she had been watering it thinking I bought her a new plant ( she loves gardening). Funny stuff there , kiddos.
Actually that is pretty funny. I've always wanted to give my mother a nice potted plant with a seed in it, see how long it takes to register...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
0to60
Expatriate
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Cambodia

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by 0to60 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:00 pm

I would advise at least 6-10, because 30-50% will be males. I usually toss all but one male, and save that one for pollinating one female so I'll have seeds for next time.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 11380
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 2782
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by Username Taken » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 pm

0to60 wrote:I would advise at least 6-10, because 30-50% will be males. I usually toss all but one male, and save that one for pollinating one female so I'll have seeds for next time.
You do realize they're Hermaphrodites, don't you. :facepalm:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
0to60
Expatriate
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Cambodia

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by 0to60 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:10 pm

If you only have one plant it's likely, but who wants that. Or, do you think they're all hermes? Usually they are distinctively male or female.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 11380
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 2782
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by Username Taken » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:20 pm

0to60 wrote:If you only have one plant it's likely, but who wants that. Or, do you think they're hermes? Usually they are distinctively male or female.
You've never done this before have you?

Pull all the males. Grow the females and harvest what you need. You'll still get seeds.

You let one male grow, and you'll harvest some nice herbs for the in-law's soup.

:popcorn:


0to60 wrote:Usually they are distinctively male or female.
You don't have a clue, do you? :facepalm:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
0to60
Expatriate
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Cambodia

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by 0to60 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Obviously you don't. I've been growing for many years. If you pull all the males you get sinsemilla.
User avatar
0to60
Expatriate
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Cambodia

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by 0to60 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Males produce pollen. Pull all the males, no pollen no seeds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], PSD-Kiwi and 292 guests