I watched this...MOVIES!

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: I watched this...MOVIES!

Postby wackyjacky » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 pm

The Leftovers is the trippiest most mind blowing show I've ever seen (that was entertaining). Hits ya like 300 mics of pure Lamda Sigma Delta. It's so fucking weird, I'd be shocked if it's picked up next season. It starts slow and will bore you a bit until you pick up context. Then it'll hit you like a ball-peen to your cranium, Excellent acting, writing, & big balls by HBO to pick it up. If you want chuckles and to power down after a stressful day - this ain't that.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Postby Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:44 am

Falcon Rising was a pretty cool "no name" movie. Just downloaded it and watched it the other night. Rated shitty, but I thought it was good. Usually I agree with IMDB ratings. Sometimes, as in this case, I don't.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Postby wackyjacky » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Just watched S01E01 of the Black Mirror. Wow, it's exceptionally well acted and directed, yet it revolves around a premise so bizarre, that I can't blow it for you. Funny, disgusting, & thought provoking simultaneously. A must watch for all you sick mfs out there.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Postby Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:13 pm

I downloaded and watched "Chef" an American flick about a semi-celeb chef and ultimately his road trip with his Son. It was one of the best movies I have viewed in a while.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2883512/?ref_=nv_sr_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Postby Soi Dog » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Something called "Rock of Ages" is playing on HBO now. I guess it's supposed to be some kind of tribute to "hair-metal rock" from the 80's. It's got a bunch of big name actors in it trying to act like bad-ass rock-n-rollers, but that doesn't help. It is, without question, the worst thing I have ever seen/heard. They should have called it "Crap of Ages". Glad to see it lost money at the box office.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=rockofages.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My review: I give it 3 steaming piles.
Image Image Image
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Postby Milord » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:12 am

wackyjacky wrote:Just watched S01E01 of the Black Mirror. Wow, it's exceptionally well acted and directed, yet it revolves around a premise so bizarre, that I can't blow it for you. Funny, disgusting, & thought provoking simultaneously. A must watch for all you sick mfs out there.
djones
Expatriate
Bahamas

Postby djones » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:16 am

wackyjacky wrote:Just watched S01E01 of the Black Mirror. Wow, it's exceptionally well acted and directed, yet it revolves around a premise so bizarre, that I can't blow it for you. Funny, disgusting, & thought provoking simultaneously. A must watch for all you sick mfs out there.
You've obviously never seen a Charlie Booker (one of the creators/writers) TV review. It's actually a bit predictable in that context
Nevertheless just watched it all good stuff, half way through 1-02 bit dull so far
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Postby wackyjacky » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:34 am

it's Coilin Farrell & Vince Vaughn for True Detective II. LINK: http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/20 ... e-season-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Postby Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:30 am

wackyjacky wrote:it's Coilin Farrell & Vince Vaughn for True Detective II. LINK: http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/20 ... e-season-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vice Vaughn, wow! Didn't see that coming.

• Advertisement
Booking.com