Was I ripped?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Brewer
Expatriate

Re: Was I ripped?

Post by Brewer »

hanno wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:59 am
jovial fucher wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:42 amIf you're paying 50 for a 20 dollar bottle of wine you are getting ripped. Restaurants usually make 1 glass of profit from a bottle. A 15 dollar bottle nets them 5 dollars at 5 per glass. Expensive wine wines are priced the same way, just not sold by the glass.
If my F&B managers worked with those margins; they'd be looking for new jobs.
:lol: I'm glad an expert pitched in to confirm what I was thinking and that it is bollocks. With that kind of margin a restaurant would make more money not selling wine at all and merely charging corkage on customers BYO.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

OldOldGuy wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:02 pm About 4 years ago I got a terrific south-west French wine (forget the name, region) for $22 at Thai Huat. In Ontario it was priced the same converted to US currency. The LCBO has an excellent inventory system; the province only had 5 bottles and Toronto 1. And I got it!

Where is the Chateau place and 1 & 1?
Chateau Wine Shop - #388, Sihanouk Blvd, Phnom Penh
https://web.facebook.com/ChateauWineShop/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Phnom Penh Wine Retailers : https://www.wine-searcher.com/biz/store ... phnom+penh
OldOldGuy
Tourist
Canada

Post by OldOldGuy »

Thanks, Kuroneko

Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic