I Was Held Up at Gunpoint in Broad Daylight in Phnom Penh: Warning Tale from a US Man

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: I Was Held Up at Gunpoint in Broad Daylight in Phnom Penh: Warning Tale from a US Man

Post by IraHayes »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:27 am Sounds like a Philippino card scam and the victim made up a cover story so he did not look a credulous fool.
Nailed it Frank!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: I Was Held Up at Gunpoint in Broad Daylight in Phnom Penh: Warning Tale from a US Man

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

atst wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:37 am
A 6 ft 1 second dan black belt terrified....
Yeah, the 1st Dan in Cambodia would have made sausage meat of the gunman...

hohoho
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I'm a 2nd Dan black belt in karate
Can somebody please check his Facebook profile to verify this claim? I tried to verify it myself but the only thing I found was a quote from his own blog where he says
I would spend my day with Mr. Miyagi because he is in one of my most favorite movies of all time, The Karate Kid. The day would be spent driving around in old, classic cars and preform karate and beat people up.
https://jacob22lutz.weebly.com/blog/if- ... be-and-why

You guys understand that nobody serious in the arts would ever dream of "beating people up", right? One of the most important rules of any dojo is that you keep that shit where it belongs: in the dojo, unless absolutely necessary for self defense.

I trained a style of karate for nearly a decade. If I type my name into a search engine the results include old photos of me wearing my belt, results from competitions me and my dojo participated in and such things. This is from nearly 20 years ago.

The only related matches to searches about Jacob Lutz and karate in a search engine is for a little kid training Taekwando in Florida who coincidentally has the same name. Again, this kid's training is easily verifiable, but for some reason this "2nd dan black belt" Jacob Lutz does not exist anywhere.

2nd dan is a title rank given to instructors. You'd think a karate instructor and his dojo would be easy to find, but no. The internet does not know of any sensei Jacob Lutz.

Please ask him what style he trains and which dojo he belongs to. I never got a black belt myself so I'm curious how someone could get so far without a single mention.

Stolen valor pussy motherfucker
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Reads like fiction.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Now I'm STILL working it all out with the bank. I asked why bother with having ATM daily withdrawal limits for debit cards when somehow they were able to charge my debit card as if it were a credit card for several thousands of dollars, and it actually went through. My main bank's account balance is current ~$-30,
This makes no sense. Debit cards have daily limits PLUS in any event, you can't withdraw more than what is in the account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

got to this, " .....whilst pulling out a revolver with his other hand and pressed it against my stomach. "
and stopped... pure bs

PS: showing ur passport will NOT allow you to exceed your cc spending limit!!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

"He commented on my shirt. " Phillipino. 🤣😂
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Actually an ATM withdrawal limit is exactly that. The card can be swiped with a provided ID to withdraw more. Unless the account is empty of course but some banks allow your account to have small negative balance.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

When those fucks ask me where I got my shirt I always tell them I won it from the chief of police in Manila in a card game. They fuck off quick.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

fax wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:00 am Actually an ATM withdrawal limit is exactly that. The card can be swiped with a provided ID to withdraw more. Unless the account is empty of course but some banks allow your account to have small negative balance.
Yeah, i thought he was implying that they were able to use it (aka buy jewelry) like a credit card ie run up credit.. But maybe he actually had several thousand $$ in his debit card account..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic