Turkish Actor Ekim Mağden Camping Outside Embassy in Cambodia Says He was Beaten & Robbed Before Being Arrested

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Stinkman
Expatriate

Re: Turkish Actor Ekim Mağden Camping Outside Embassy in Cambodia Says He was Beaten & Robbed Before Being Arrested

Post by Stinkman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:40 pm

I don't see the harm in sitting in a public park, one of the few places away from traffic and that has a few trees and benches, and getting a little sun. It's not a beach, but the riverside is the closest thing PP has to a beach. I'm sure they don't give a rat's ass what Cam Nivag thinks. They aren't harming anyone. The Nigerians people make fun of are typically accused of being criminals from police photos. Apples and oranges comparison.
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Turkish Actor Ekim Mağden Camping Outside Embassy in Cambodia Says He was Beaten & Robbed Before Being Arrested

Post by clutchcargo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 pm

Using Cam Nivag's logic that Riverside is not a beach, I think one could similarly say trains are not dining rooms or restaurants..

Hence people eating on trains are weirdos and freaks. :hattip:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Australia

Post by frank lee bent » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 pm

in any case, anyone who wants to post pics of these old buggers is perfectly welcome to do so.
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:04 pm

We need to get some of those shirtless guys to take and post photos of the weird guy walking around the riverside taking photos of men's feet and crotches.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 am

:stir: i was thinking about the 11 day overstay,like many others i have overstayed on purpose,i had to go back to the uk and my visa ran out 5 days before i was due to leave.then it was $5 a day overstay and it worked out cheaper to overstay and pay the backpay at the airport.The TURK now outed as a Actor i would say had the money to pay but due to him being robbed was in a pickle,very poor form by the police etc. :hattip:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Australia

Post by frank lee bent » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:23 am

turk?
what turk?

oh yeah......................
Cam Nivag
Expatriate
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 am

PIEMAN wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 am
The TURK now outed as a Actor i would say had the money to pay but due to him being robbed was in a pickle,very poor form by the police etc.
Tell me you're joking. Every overstayer claims he was robbed. Exactly zero percent of them were actually robbed.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:19 am

:stir: so there aint no robberys in the KOW,everyday this forum is full off them and thats a small percentage :beer3:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:47 am

He went to the embassy twice. The first time they gave him $15 and sent him on his merry way and the next day he was arrested for shouting outside. Presumably he was shouting for money, not a new passport.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by JUDGEDREDD » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:19 am

This all seems a little dramatic, I guess Gavin is highlighting some form of hypocrisy. Cheap lols and all that. I'm sure the 5 old gents are having a ball and couldn't give 2 fucks about this forum or those that inhabit it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic