Are you paying too much?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Are you paying too much?

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Pineapple is known to sweeten the man's semen :pardon:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

juansweetpotato wrote:Don't know about the other prices as I never buy fruit. It's never as tasty as it was 30 years ago, especially Cambodian fruit in general, but those Vietnamese prices are just stupid. They are the same price as or cheaper than here for sure, and probably a lot tastier.

No wonder you people (you know who you are) keep going on about pineapples, obviously haven't got a bleedin clue. Cor blimey! I don't even eat them and I know more about them than you.What the fuck does that say about you?

\you never buy fruit, god i am so sorry for you,

sweet & sour Mangoes, longan, rambutans, apples, sweet bananas, cantaloupe, pineapples, strawberries, oranges, i even splurge sometimes and buy imported peaches & cherries
i buy fruit all the time
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's never as tasty as it was 30 years ago, especially Cambodian fruit in general, but those Vietnamese prices are just stupid.
You were buying tasty Cambodian pineapples 30 years ago? How much did they cost?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote: i even splurge sometimes and buy imported peaches & cherries
i buy fruit all the time
I get cherries occasionally.

Heat up the cherries add cognac and pour over icecream.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

phuketrichard wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:Don't know about the other prices as I never buy fruit. It's never as tasty as it was 30 years ago, especially Cambodian fruit in general, but those Vietnamese prices are just stupid. They are the same price as or cheaper than here for sure, and probably a lot tastier.

No wonder you people (you know who you are) keep going on about pineapples, obviously haven't got a bleedin clue. Cor blimey! I don't even eat them and I know more about them than you.What the fuck does that say about you?

sweet & sour Mangoes, longan, rambutans, apples, sweet bananas, cantaloupe, pineapples, strawberries, oranges, i even splurge sometimes and buy imported peaches & cherries
i buy fruit all the time

As I mentioned in another post somewhere I get given it so don't need to buy it. So far this week I have been given 5 oranges, 8 tiny mangoes(very sweet) 8 large ones (still ripening in paper), and 1 pineapple. Lol

You have been around SEA for quite a while Richard, you were even in India in the 80's?. The fruit I had in south India and Sri Lanka back then was food of the gods compared to the stuff I have eaten since. Those lemonade orange Coconuts (King Coconuts) the red Bananas, which when you opened them, were a deep yellow/orange inside, or the tiny jungle honey Bananas. Even the Rambutans and the Mangosteens tasted far sweeter back then.

I still like the Mangoes though and also trying some of the weird fruit they have here. Recently, can't remember the names, but I've had small yellow things the size of a Hazelnut, sort of white/reddish slightly larger ones, both with a fairly bitter taste. Got given another one yesterday which I will try later, Fig size, green which later turns orange. My fav are those brown looking things which are super sweet inside. they look a bit like Chico Zapote but taste far nicer IMO.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yep in india back in the 70's-80's, but i don't recall the fruit :-)
Still love the fruit here

Lychee

Longan

Mangosteen

Rambuttan

all ssoooooooo good :thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:Pineapple is known to sweeten the man's semen :pardon:
i drink far too much alcohol for me ever to be able to eat that much pineapple :roll: lol

plus its not like that many khmer girls are going to give it a taste anyway lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:

i buy fruit all the time
im not a massive fruit fan, i get illurgic reactions to some fruits and almonds due to my hayfever, its not pleasent...

i have mangoes growing in my garden so dont need to buy them, i bought a nice juicy watermellon from the market today, and i do like rambutans
i think strawberries are a little harder to come by here in cambodia?
if only i could get raspberries out here..... my life would be complete!!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Someone told me raspberries were grown in Ratnakiri. Don't know where this was shot but raspberries appear at about 3:00 mins :D

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kuroneko wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Someone told me raspberries were grown in Ratnakiri. Don't know where this was shot but raspberries appear at about 3:00 mins :D

hmmmm definitely chngann!!! might have to get a bus trip up and stock up! But what about blackberries? hmmmm i miss english summer fruits!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic