Where to get EllaOne or Plan B ONE STEP?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Where to get EllaOne or Plan B ONE STEP?

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote:Discussed the chart with her way before. She's not keen on the idea of the IUD, or implant. Just wants a single pill. EllaONE is the most effective of the lot.
IUDs and implants are contraceptives. Morning after pills should only be used in emergencies, they are not supposed to be used regularly. Not that you are going to pay any attention, as you seem to be a grade one chump.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I'm so fucking confused.

Either: You're out of the country and she's asking you to help her choose a one-off solution to shenanigans unrelated to you.

Or: You're there and you can't find the morning after pill in Phnom Penh.

As Lexus said, they are literally everywhere.

Hell, they sell them at the fucking Smile Marts at checkout. There's at least one on street 51, which is great because I'd do all my grocery shopping on my way home from pontoon at 4am, as I usually have someone with me to help carry my groceries. Win-win.

That's my personal DUI Checkpoint as well. I know exactly how drunk I am based on if I buy condoms or the morning after pill. I think they even sell hangover pills.
:thumb:

If you want another specific place, the little pharmacy next door to Lucky Supermarket on Sihanouk Blvd has them. I think I had at least 2 to choose from. A few dollars a pop.

It doesn't seem like your girlfriend is super worried about saving face if she's dating 2 Barang and being asked by a third to head to the islands with them.

And you both realize that these next day birth control pills are just an "oh, we fucked up!" pill. If she's sexually active she needs a real form of birth control.

I'd love to hear about the situation from the other dude she's dating. I'm sure he's like, "Well, we just go out on fun dates, but she's totally in love with this dude online that she's never met, and it's just a matter of time until she dumps me and waits a few years to be with online prince charming..."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yea, as others have mentioned, she definitely isn't that worried about losing face if shes banging at least one barang while maintaining an internet relationship with NKOTB. I'm sure most of us remember NKOTB's previous relationship, where he was given advice which he failed to take on board and ended up being burnt by his hooker gf....deja vu?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

If I was out of the country and my girlfriend (assuming I had one) asked me to help her find the morning after pill while she was in Cambodia and admittedly dating other dude(s), I'd have to call it quits.

I'd give her major points for being honest, but those points would go towards nothing.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

To avoid pregnancy, his gf needs to get modern. From the movies I've seen lately, everyone seems to ejaculate on the girls tits or face. Neither of which will require a plan B.

:popcorn:
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

He needs to stop being Bareback Barry. That's assuming it's him who is getting some flange, and not the rich industrialist.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

The whole story is a bit incredible and also quite confusing.
OP: You say you "discussed" this beforehand with your girlfriend ? And you both decided that she would use the morning-after pill as a method of contraception?? Do either of you know what contraceptives are and how to use them ? Are you sure you are both old enough to be having sex ? Neither of you seem to have the slightest clue.

Someone's being taken for a fool here. Probably us. Or please get yourself some real information on contraception from a reliable source.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Username Taken wrote:To avoid pregnancy, his gf needs to get modern. From the movies I've seen lately, everyone seems to ejaculate on the girls tits or face. Neither of which will require a plan B.

:popcorn:
That was her plan. Statistically speaking, it's not a very good plan to prevent pregnancy. I rejected that idea.

She doesn't like the idea of something being inserted into her arm or a copper object being placed there. Her ability to take a pill on a daily basis isn't good. Putting a cap and foam in there, not happening with her. And she's a nurse, not an ignorant KTV girl. She advises other girls on this stuff.

So then what's a single pill that will prevent pregnancy? Plan B and others require a second dose in 12 hours. EllaONE is a single dose, zero pregnancies if ovulation hasn't occurred.

That's why I'm looking for that specific medication.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

NKOTB. ..morning after pills are not contraception, and should not be used on a regular basis. Tell her to make sure her partner wears a jimmy hat if she is not interested in any other form of contraception...no rubber = no hubba hubba! Be proactive, not reactive.

I am still confused...are you in Cambodia, or is this info so that your internet gf doesn't get knocked up by her boyfriend who actually lives in Cambodia? ??
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Satiated Parrot wrote:He needs to stop being Bareback Barry. That's assuming it's him who is getting some flange, and not the rich industrialist.
Yeah, it's me. She's already told the other guy that she won't ever love him. Never more than a forced first base by him at most. Stronger measures will have to be taken in the near future to drive him away. The third guy actually loves another girl who has told him flat out that she doesn't love him and rejected his formal marriage proposal. Apparently most Khmer girls can't get past his dark skin. He's just a guy friend like her other girlfriends and gay guys she has.

Advice well taken. Thank you everyone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic