End of the world is coming to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: End of the world is coming to Cambodia

Post by Yobbo »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:06 pm
Yobbo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:32 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:14 pm
Yobbo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:09 pm Due to La Nina it rained over here in Sydney for over 40 days & 40 nights & really fu%ked up the brick layers!
The Northern hemisphere on the other hand.....
WTF does the end of the world have to do with the Northern hemisphere? :facepalm:
Sorry precious.
Think extreme weather patterns and connect the dots.
I'm a tradie & have had 3 large exteriors on the books for a year & haven't been able to do them. I've never seen anything like this & I'm no spring chicken. Mother nature ain't happy!
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:09 pm Due to La Nina it rained over here in Sydney for over 40 days & 40 nights & really fu%ked up the brick layers!
WTF does the end of the world have to do with the Northern hemisphere? :facepalm:
Something in the order of 50%.
Undeniably the most idiotic response ever.
Anyway, all those droughts and floods will be nothing compared to the recession we are going to face. A recession much more worse than the ones in the 40's and 70's...
pebbles&nightsky
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Artisan wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:16 pm
Anyway, all those droughts and floods will be nothing compared to the recession we are going to face. A recession much more worse than the ones in the 40's and 70's...
You'll be Okay on the bell end!
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:37 pm
Appreciate the wordplay, unfortunately I can't think of anything at the moment that is not funny.
pebbles&nightsky
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Artisan wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Appreciate the wordplay, unfortunately I can't think of anything at the moment that is not funny.
Artisan wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:05 pm

That's strange! You're probably trying too hard;
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:04 am Missus has been following on Facebook for the past few days. Anyone else seen this?

Apparently a politician of the Bell Party has announced that the end of the world is nigh. A great flood will sweep the earth clean. Money will be useless, possessions will be useless. Phnom Penh will be flooded first. The only place safe in the world is Kulen mountain.

Apparently a lot of Khmer have heeded his call, they’ve sold their cows and all their possessions and have settled at the foot of Kulen, where it will be safe.
What the heck is the "Bell" party? I've heard you're a doomsday prepper and you have posted lots of evidence to suggest that this is true. If you are going to drag your young fiancée off to live in some God-forsaken patch of barren Earth in the middle of nowhere you shouldn't be too surprised if she goes a bit mental. :shock:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I wish that were true. I got to work in hell everyday, and return back to Heaven every evening or night.

Bell party is the nickname for the Cambodian Liberty party.

Missus says on her Facebook group (Khmer donut shop / burger joint/ restaurant owners), there is a posting that supposedly world will end with an exploding black hole. As well as the flood that will cover all, except Kulen mountain.

And Khmer must cry his Kem Vishnea in your heart when the world ends and he will come to save you.

Bizarre Cambodian End of the World story, indeed.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:11 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:04 am Missus has been following on Facebook for the past few days. Anyone else seen this?

Apparently a politician of the Bell Party has announced that the end of the world is nigh. A great flood will sweep the earth clean. Money will be useless, possessions will be useless. Phnom Penh will be flooded first. The only place safe in the world is Kulen mountain.

Apparently a lot of Khmer have heeded his call, they’ve sold their cows and all their possessions and have settled at the foot of Kulen, where it will be safe.
What the heck is the "Bell" party? I've heard you're a doomsday prepper and you have posted lots of evidence to suggest that this is true. If you are going to drag your young fiancée off to live in some God-forsaken patch of barren Earth in the middle of nowhere you shouldn't be too surprised if she goes a bit mental. :shock:
I saw it a different way. NKOTB is the shining, white knight who came along and 'rescued' this girl from what he/she has earlier intimated..a country with sub standards that doesn't measure up to the West..with locals who are unwilling to step up to a higher standard.

And now with this apocalyptic event about to beset poor ol Cambodia, missus is safe and sound in the land of milk and honey.. :stir: :wink:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:31 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:11 pm

I saw it a different way. NKOTB is the shining, white knight who came along and 'rescued' this girl from what he/she has earlier intimated..a country with sub standards that doesn't measure up to the West..with locals who are unwilling to step up to a higher standard.

And now with this apocalyptic event about to beset poor ol Cambodia, missus is safe and sound in the land of milk and honey.. :stir: :wink:
Gosh, if only he was polyamorous - he could save hundreds of women!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Tongue in cheek hilarious comments!

Anyways, I’m going to drown and be blown up along with missus because we are not camping at the foot of Kulen mountain right now.

When ‘Doomsday’ comes, it’s the end, period.

Electricity cuts, disruptions of the food supply (no groceries), and a breakdown of law and order, all happen.

During Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans flooded. Gangs shot up the medical evacuation helicopters. President had to send in special forces to suppress the gangs. No electricity, food, or security.

Food only keeps in a refrigerator or freezer for a few hours after no electricity before it spoils. Solar power can keep that from happening. Working on getting a hard start for the aircon so it can work on solar panels.

Khmer is helping me install security cameras next week.

If this labels me as a ‘doomsday prepper’, then so be it.

Normal people can live their life in blissful ignorance without the worry of power, food, and security disruptions.

Until the EDC cuts the power.
Until thieves rob their house.

Both which never happen, until it does.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic