Cheating assumed?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cheating assumed?

Post by Arget »

A Christmas present for someone we know.

Spoiler:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kammekor - I look into missus’ eyes all the time. Even when I’m asleep. It always amazes me everyday at how she doesn’t fit the typical stereotype of Khmer that members of CEO keep espousing as gospel.

Ravensnest - She has a friendly personality. Khmer like to chat (amongst themselves). They don’t open up to foreigners so easily.

Explorer - missus always says she’s lazy. This is an example of her laziness. She makes a goal of ten things to do in a day. It would take a week to finish them all. A lazy Khmer would look at the list and go back to bed. Ordinary Khmer would get 1-3 things done. She would manage above 5 or so and run out of time. Then she would then be worried that she is lazy. Same as when she says she wastes money. It’s so cute.

This as been a really interesting topic. Enlightening to see how many different points of view exist.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:07 am Kammekor - I look into missus’ eyes all the time. Even when I’m asleep. It always amazes me everyday at how she doesn’t fit the typical stereotype of Khmer that members of CEO keep espousing as gospel.

Ravensnest - She has a friendly personality. Khmer like to chat (amongst themselves). They don’t open up to foreigners so easily.

Explorer - missus always says she’s lazy. This is an example of her laziness. She makes a goal of ten things to do in a day. It would take a week to finish them all. A lazy Khmer would look at the list and go back to bed. Ordinary Khmer would get 1-3 things done. She would manage above 5 or so and run out of time. Then she would then be worried that she is lazy. Same as when she says she wastes money. It’s so cute.

This as been a really interesting topic. Enlightening to see how many different points of view exist.
I find it very enlightening that a man would ask a group of total strangers if they think his wife whom none have met is cheating on him. Not so much the answers but the question, enlightening indeed.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:07 am Kammekor - I look into missus’ eyes all the time. Even when I’m asleep.
:roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:53 am Assume the worst, hope for the best. Do paternity tests. Don’t get emotionally involved much which is very easy past a certain age. Avoid official marriage. There is always another bird in the bush waiting.
The only issue I can see here is a risk of STD infection from a girlfriend who has another partner on the side. Assuming that men only want to wear rubber with working girls, this risk is very real.
might of shared story awhile back but the paternity test comment reminded me. Years ago got w/ this girl once. Would run into her at pontoon or Riverhouse every so often after that. 1 summer, next summer . we say hello. thats it.
Then out of the blue like 4 years or so after she waves me over and asks if i have children in cambodia or nyc. Answer is no and joke around saying i am a kid.. then she fucking says she has my kid and didnt want to tell me the other times she seen me so i wouldnt get upset.. i was like wtf? i am upset because if true, i want to know ..be invovled etc.. then I asked child's age and some info. When i went home was thinking and she got the fucking kids age wrong!!...
we spoke on the phone and said i dont want to be rude but would love to get a paternity test first and we go from there. SHE SAID NO.. said the baby doesnt like needles or some shit

I was pissed. I actually thought she was being honest for a second ( this story happened when i first started coming to cambo fyi)

hung up on her and cursed her out. moving forward saw her the following year afew times and she wanted to buy me adrink etc.. said no no..then 1 time said yes and asked her. Why would she do that to someone? why put someone else's baby on a man whose it not is.. Her answer was she wasnt sure whose baby it was

familiarity breeds contempt-- think she just kept seeing me from time to time and said fuck it.. she wouldnt even take the test.. at least rule me out

anyway there are many reasons on her end why someone in her place might do that to someone whose child it isnt ... but was an experience...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic