Cheating assumed?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Cheating assumed?

Post by Felgerkarb »

stupid-barang wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:06 am These descriptions are of bargirls, not the kind you find at The Pizza Company.
This.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

stupid-barang wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:06 am These descriptions are of bargirls, not the kind you find at The Pizza Company.
by stupid-barang
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:49 am
Topic: Good girls in Phnom Penh
"The Pizza Company, all the girls there are wifey material."

I can guarantee that for every Khmer bargirl surveyed by PsychologyToday they also surveyed a Pizza Company hostess.
stupid-barang
Expatriate

Post by stupid-barang »

Hey I speak the truth. TPC girls work for low wage, satisfied with what they have, not impatient, willing to put in hard work.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:19 am Not sure If any of the married expats have encountered this phenomenon in the KOW.

Missus keeps getting told that any husband that isn’t living with their wife everyday should be encouraged to have a couple of other wives when away. And that she should have a couple of husbands (usually Khmer men that are married with a couple of kids) as well when I’m away.

Our relationship is viewed as strange by the Khmer. Strange that this isn’t going to happen. Or as missus says, it’s beyond love.

Is this just all smoke?
Never heard of this, if a woman were to do it, traditionally I'd imagine this would be viewed very poorly by her community, depending on her background and what they thought of her husband of course. I think maybe more powerful men who choose to have a mistress it is not frowned upon unless she usurps the number 1 wife in a my public role or causes a loss of face. Think back to the gunning down and acid attacks against alleged concubines of certain prominent people by jealous wives over the last 15 or so years.

Bizarre your missus would say such a thing NKOTB, I do hope she's not laying the ground to have some extra curricula with a fit young buck behind your back on the guise it is expected and you should also try your luck down candy bar.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

stupid-barang wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:42 am Hey I speak the truth. TPC girls work for low wage, satisfied with what they have, not impatient, willing to put in hard work.
yes, I see the attraction

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:19 am Not sure If any of the married expats have encountered this phenomenon in the KOW.

Missus keeps getting told that any husband that isn’t living with their wife everyday should be encouraged to have a couple of other wives when away. And that she should have a couple of husbands (usually Khmer men that are married with a couple of kids) as well when I’m away.

Our relationship is viewed as strange by the Khmer. Strange that this isn’t going to happen. Or as missus says, it’s beyond love.

Is this just all smoke?
Geez I haven't heard this either. Who does your missus hang around with? Why is your relationship viewed as strange?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Is this just all smoke?
For the husband, only if ur the king of a certain country.
And has zero to do where they are.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:28 am I can guarantee that for every Khmer bargirl surveyed by PsychologyToday they also surveyed a Pizza Company hostess.
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:55 am yes, I see the attraction
Welcome back Anthony's Weiner.

I noticed a lack of snarky, disdainful, truculence on the forum during your all to brief absence........it's great to have it back. :thumb:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Is this just all smoke?
Isn't she just running some tests on you? Or playing some mental games? First there was the 'pregnancy thing', now this....
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

clutchcargo wrote:Geez I haven't heard this either. Who does your missus hang around with? Why is your relationship viewed as strange?
This is random, unsolicited female Khmer advice. From the hair shop girl, the old ladies at the market, the girl at the mini-mart. The ones at the moto repair shop. Etc. Probably from the Pizza Company girl as well.

Usually Khmer marry, then ‘learn to love’ over time. Not the other way around. Which makes us strange. And me as a foreigner, even stranger.

Apparently there is no shortage of Khmer women willing to be second or third wife and no shortage of Khmer men willing to be second or third husband.

Fascinating discussion so far.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic