You’re invited.....

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: You’re invited.....

Post by AndyKK »

Who, would take the choice of Cambodia to live their dream, maybe wake up from the nightmare an know the reality.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Rozzie I won't be there as I love Sihanoukville so much... I hope you have a great party and I'm sorry your threads descend into a Freudian nightmare
Good luck in Siem Reap
up to you...
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

The Seawolf wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:53 pm Living the dream? Who even says that?
gets said a lot at the place i work, standard response if anyone from management asks the obviously rhetorical question "is everything ok"

"ye..living the fucking dream"
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

la8rat wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:45 pm
The Seawolf wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:53 pm Living the dream? Who even says that?
gets said a lot at the place i work, standard response if anyone from management asks the obviously rhetorical question "is everything ok"

"ye..living the fucking dream"
Yes but I imagine you find that the Yanks and Aussies say it with 100% conviction where as the British, Canadians, Kiwis and SA say it with irony.

And there's the rub.

:stir:
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: rozz i sent you a pm.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

AndyKK wrote:Who, would take the choice of Cambodia to live their dream, maybe wake up from the nightmare an know the reality.
Anywhere is what you make it.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:16 am Anywhere is what you make it.
What the hell rozz. You've barely had time to enjoy that tedious balcony renovation you did. What are you going to do with all the flora and decor from it?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Everything died. I’m leaving the window box and fake grass here and making sure I employ a gardener in SR.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Rozz, SR is desperately in need of a good music venue, with live music on a regular basis. How about a live music bar with no smoking and the volume such that 2 poeple can actually have a conversation while the band is playing (I know that is unheard of in Cambodia)? Laundry Bar had good music but it is very infrequent and the nicotine is dripping off the ceiling and walls. And many times there it is just a DJ or techno. Go for it and we will come. How hard is it in Cambodia to find a quality band or musicians to play?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

cambo swa wrote:Rozz, SR is desperately in need of a good music venue, with live music on a regular basis. How about a live music bar with no smoking and the volume such that 2 poeple can actually have a conversation while the band is playing (I know that is unheard of in Cambodia)? Laundry Bar had good music but it is very infrequent and the nicotine is dripping off the ceiling and walls. And many times there it is just a DJ or techno. Go for it and we will come. How hard is it in Cambodia to find a quality band or musicians to play?
I’m on it.
We have found a fabulous venue (The Star Bar), have organised for the sound to be set up by 60 Road Studios each show and booked the first three monthly gigs for November, December and January. I’ll be taking bands from PP starting with The Uncomfortably White Brothers.

We will also be hosting a new Sunday Open Mic session with a little bar tab for anyone who performs. That will be at Route 66 from 5pm, starting in October.

I’m so excited I could burst, stay tuned for a lot more details over the coming months.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic