CEO Meetup

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: CEO Meetup

Post by BklynBoy »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:31 pm Event has been created on Facebook, please mark yourself as attending if you are able. It will help with catering. :)

I am definitely stopping by end of june... Will ask for you...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

angkorjohn2 wrote:I don't know fax but I found his posts often to be funny and or intelligent. There were certain things we disagreed on. I didn't view him as a troll. Abrasive sometimes, challenging, sure. But attacking anti Semites and pedo defenders like Ricky Bobby. We were on the same page. I'd rather have more fax than nkotb and RB for sure.
Fax was making up lies just to slander people for his own amusement. If that is funny or or intelligent, well ... that might be a reflection of one’s self.

Members on this board aren’t forced to be best friends or drinking buddies. Everyone is different and unique and free to choose favorites. There is also the ‘friend or foe button’ in the User Control Panel. Select ‘Foe’ and no more posts from that person will appear.

For me, playing the anti-PC card is an invitation to shut down discussion. I would like to understand why people think the way they do. Why would groups that don’t have a large Jewish populations be anti-Semite? Why do some feel that drug users and dealers who have ‘done their time’, should be forgiven, while those convicted of pedophilia should have a Scarlett letter burned on them for life?

Differing ideas and opinions make CEO interesting and encourage participation. Ad hominem attacks scare away a potential gold mine of contributors.

Mods, would it be possible to move any follow ups to this posting to it’s own thread?

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Why would groups that don’t have a large Jewish populations be anti-Semite?
you made anti semitic statements. i saw them, rickybobby also defended pedos here and elsewhere as stated above by angkorjohn2, and is in fact a holocaust denier.
these are facts, deletions or not.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Wow that went downhill fast.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

ugly truths have a way of emerging despite some people wishing to cover them up with revisionism after the fact.
dont piss up my leg and tell me it is raining NKOTB
to those who contacted me on this subject,i am no mod now and cannot edit the forum.
if i could we would be lacking a couple of members.
so my opinions are mine alone.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 am Wow that went downhill fast.
I was just thinking the same thing...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 pm
fax wrote:Admin Edit: Trolling deleted.]
Sorry to disappoint your fantasies about me.

I never took the in-laws to Thailand, never mind Nana plaza, to celebrate.

Also, I took the BTS skytrain at Nana station to explore Bangkok. Never had any desire to check out Nana plaza. Compared to the majority of keyboard warriors on CEO, I am boring as can be.

You might have the hots for attacking me and missus, but please kindly fact check before slandering us.

Good luck to everyone on the meet and greet. Hope it will be a great success.
He's banned, and sorry he (and a handful of others) have been allowed to be such trolls on here, but I swear we're making a big push to get rid of these negative posters who just wanna come on here to push people's buttons in a clear attempt to stiffen discussions. But we can all agree that Bonez's banter was pretty funny though, right? :beer3:
Fax is banned? Forever, or just a time out?
iluvu
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by iluvu »

If I happen to be in the city I’ll stop by.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 am Wow that went downhill fast.
Sounds like a plan for Oscars, but with alcohol(ism), laughs and forgetting stuff.
profilingpro
Tourist
Australia

Post by profilingpro »

Stranger Danger. No, I prefer to take a walk on the wild side and live dangerously by expanding my social network :dragonchase: .

How about the first wine on the house? I don't drink beer, but would definitely like to meet the face behind Oskars :stir:

Can't do this Friday 17th or Saturday 18th May as we're hosting an Art Exhibition and Blind Auction at EST Bar (if you want to come).

But any other evening is great ;-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic