Bayon Pearnik

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Bayon Pearnik

Post by whatwat »

Is this still operating?

No May issue yet and usually they bring it out (online) beginning of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bayon Pearnik

Post by John Bingham »

I noticed that, also their site doesn't have May.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

It all depends on the owner, Stan's, health. He had a bad turn last year which I think meant a month was missed. Maybe the heat got to him or the printers were off for KNY. I mean to be fair aside from his musings and the pub page and cockroach corner it ain't much to read. The rest is just copy and paste from a range of satirical news sites and actual news sites. Considering it comes every month with the same sponsors half of which don't exist anymore, e.g. Kandal House, everything in Sihanoukville etc. I'm always amazed how it turns a profit, I know it used to but times sure have changed.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I thought Adam was the owner.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I read the bits from the beach but it’s pretty much same same now.

Kampot one has more stuff now.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Username Taken wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:10 pm I thought Adam was the owner.
I stand corrected, Stan is the figurehead then, author editor, chief cut, copy and paster etc. I thought he owned it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

As far as I know Stan just writes the first piece, usually about Kampot. Adam Parker does most of the rest.
I'm always amazed how it turns a profit, I know it used to but times sure have changed.
If you add up all those adverts it comes to quite a bit.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

John Bingham wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm
I'm always amazed how it turns a profit, I know it used to but times sure have changed.
If you add up all those adverts it comes to quite a bit.
I dont dispute that JB I bet back in it's day it sure did. My point is most of the "advertisers" don't exist any more so doubt they are paying for the space. Kandal house closed what? 3 years ago? still in there. ALl the SHV businesses, all closed, still got adverts etc.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Better than have all replaced with "your ad here".
Fav bit indeed pub page and maybe horoscope. Rest is copy paste. Bit like the old KSG.
pebbles&nightsky
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Well I hope it gets published. We’re all happy for distractions. (It’s either that or put home country NY Times or Das Bilde)

I was told that the bits from the beach was written by a former Chinaville expat who had a bar there but still keeps tabs.

I also look forward to the Kampot section but it seems all just bar bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic